My Time Made Easy: Year in Review

>> Monday, January 9, 2012

Welcome to my My Time Made Easy Year in Review post! Every month, the design team revisits past templates, stamps, cut files and paper and makes a new project with them.

Well... i have certianly had a busy week if you've read my recent blog posts. I've been very busy with a production shoot and also 2 releases to be crafting for and typing up blog posts. I hate when i get just SO busy because i dont feel like there is much me left over for my kids (luckily, this week is a light week so i have a few things planned, plus today i sent daddy fishing and brought in one of their absolute favorite babysitters to play with them for the day... so at this point i'm a pretty cool mom)

Anyhoo - when thinking of what to make for the review post, I decided it would be fun to make something for one of the boys. Since gabe is still at the "oh fun, now i'll destroy it" stage.... i opted to make something for jack instead!

Jack is just like me... he loves little boxes to store things in! Legos and small toys are among his favorites... so I made him his very own box for treasures using the Flapper template!
If you check out the Flapper link, you'll see that there is actually perfectly aligned holes so that the closure can be secured by a ribbon or thread. Since Jack can not tie his shoes yet even, I didnt think this was a very smart idea so i created a velcro closure so it would be easier for him. I used one of the stamps from the On Display stamp set to create a perfect button for the front and used chipboard letters on top for his name.


Here's a picture of the inside... which of course at this point is empty because i'll let jack pick his own things to keep inside. :D


Now be sure to check out the rest of the MTME design team and see the inspiration they have for you to get out those old templates and make something new!

1 comments:

Monique Monday, January 09, 2012  

Hi Katie...Oh what a Cool box for Jack he is going to love it... Great samples for this months release...:)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP