a smidgen late with My Time Made Easy sneak peeks!

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am sooooo sorry that my post is going up late. I am dumb and thought today was the 28th and that I would type my post up after I got to see all the goodies at the vendor show today at CHA. But it is not the 28th, it is the 29th! So now I am dictating my blog post and it is being typed in the car as we drive to Chicago. Go me! At least my project is done ;)

My project for you today uses the Tote-All Package Template. I adore this template! You can dress it up or dress it down, use it for so many different things, and it actually has a lot more space inside than you think.

Here is my entire gift set that I made for a girlfriend getting married. I made the tote to look like a fashionable makeup tote. Inside are 5 fabulous Smashbox makeup brushes, a foundation powder, mascara, and lip gloss, AND there was still room for plenty more.

I created my own designer paper on pink cardstock using black ink and the Fanciful Flourishes set. I’m telling you if you don’t have this set yet, GET IT! It is a lifesaver.


I added a faux closure on the front using a button and some black twine (there is a magnetic snap on the underside of the flap).






You will also see in the above pictures that I opted to fold the liner out instead of inside. I punched the edge of it with a SU eyelet border punch. Here is another quick pic where you can see the decorative edge and all of the goodies down inside.
Now onto the back, there is an adorable optional little pocket that I stamped the same as the flap and added a strip of the same ribbon handle to tie it all together.
Inside of the pocket, (YIKES! Sorry, I’m just the typist, but that is what Katie said while driving! Hahaha)… So, inside of the pocket is a makeup brush tip sheet.
If you look carefully behind the writing, I stamped the too cute fairy from the [tooth fairy set].



Whoops, almost forgot! To embellish the bottom portion of the tote, I used the Fanciful Flourishes set again with Versamark ink to leave a guide and then used hot pink liquid appliqué to add a splash of color.


Moving onto the card, I wanted a card to match the little gifty set so I created the same pattern on pink cardstock. I used the label and a sentiment from the Money Well Spent Set as well as the fairy again from the [tooth fairy] Set. I used the same bling on the card as I did on the pocket on the back of the tote to make it all match.



And this concludes my project today. Maybe I’ll have some fun pictures from CHA! So sorry again for my late post. Don’t hold my air headedness against me. If you haven’t already been to Lauren’s blog, you should really check it out. I have not seen it yet since I’ve been in the car all morning but my typist told me how stinkin’ adorable it is! I can’t wait to see it myself! And now,back to driving …

10 comments:

Cheryl Thursday, July 29, 2010  

Holy, sweet carumba...a purse!!! What will she think of next. I can't wait for the release.

JayLynn Thursday, July 29, 2010  

This set is really pretty! I love the pink & black :)

Anonymous,  Thursday, July 29, 2010  

Absolutely gorgeous!!! have fun at CHA!!

Lesa Thursday, July 29, 2010  

So pretty! I am loving the colors. Have a blast at CHA! I am a bit jealous. :)

Judy McMullen Thursday, July 29, 2010  

Beautiful! Your friend is a lucky girl to be receiving this fabulous gift package!

Shaela Thursday, July 29, 2010  

this is fabulous! I'm sure your friend will love to get such a wonderful gift :)

Lisa Kind Thursday, July 29, 2010  

Love how you and Ginny (I'm assuming she is your typist!) tagged teamed it! Great project! Hope you are having fun at CHA!

Carol's Ink Spot Friday, July 30, 2010  

Beautiful tote! Love all the little details added.

Unknown Monday, August 02, 2010  

Fabulous, Katie! Love the colors and tote contents!!

Unknown Saturday, August 07, 2010  

ooooohhhh - love love love the pink and black - so classic -- and ITA about the Fanciful Flourishes...I use that set ALOT! What a great gift :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP