Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop!

>> Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hello and welcome to the Blog Hop for Paper Makeup Stamps!
This is my 2nd post for the day! Be sure to scroll down to see my post for My Time Made Easy!

First, before you all think i forgot my letter, i did not. I dont have one. The new team is so big, that there was no letter for ME! Haha! So you'll start your letter collecting at the NEXT blog. :D

If you didnt start at the PMS blog though, go there first, read the deets and then come back here. There is some important information I dont want you to miss out on!

Ok, here is my card...

I think it's quite possible that i've never been as in love with a stamp image as I am right now.
Those lips are KILLER! Ok, so obviously I am going to be loving a makeup set right?
All the stamps on this card are from the Kiss & Makeup set. The set is also going to be available in a bundle called "Everything a Girl Needs" as an uncut 8.5x11 sheet crammed full of fun images and sentiments all to do with beauty and fashion and shopping. Ahhhhh. Truly, everything a girl needs, right?


Ok, so what did i do to create this card? Well, the larger lips stamp i knew i wanted it to be red red red. I mean, thats what the quote is all about, right? (i love that quote!) So i stamped the image in versamark ink on black cardstock and then embossed over it with Top Boss embossing powder in red. It's so hard to find a red OPAQUE embossing powder and i looked for ages finding that they werent truly opaque on dark cardstock until i found this Top Boss one. :D
I then did it again and cut those lips out to pop up on the card.

You'll also notice my super fun patterned paper? That was hand stamped by Moi using the larger and smaller lips from the set!


Then we have the sentiment!
Now i love this quote, i have loved this quote for a long long time! I really do love Gwyneth Paltrow. She's such a talent and classic beauty!
But then the quote is just so perfect, and so me. Except i rarely wear red lipstick, but still, you get the idea!

Shaela and I went back and forth about this quote and whether stampers would find the quote to be "too much" which is why i love the symbols. It's the perfect happy medium and it just cracks me up!

I traced the word red with a red copic (R29 which is Red Lipstick! Just to help get that extra punch in the card.

SO thats my card for ya! Now it's time for you to hop along to one of our new team members, Bonnie Sharp!

Have a fantastic day!!!

36 comments:

Unknown Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Your card is so fun.... and I LOVE that sentiment!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Bonnie Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

LOVE those beautiful killer lips!!! The embossing is perfect for them! Great creation!

Ginny Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

I love how you made your own background paper with the lips! I'll so have to be copying that ;)

Tina Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

What a fun card, red lipstick rocks!

Shaela Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

so fun!! love the costom background paper you made :)

akagreenhouse Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Great card! I love the quote!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

What a great card and FABULOUS use of those awesome lips! *muah*

Lisa Kind Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

This is kick *!#, Katie! (Did anyone else say that? Probably!) Love the rich red of the EP, and those lips are fab! Wish mine looked like that! Great release!

Stephanie Zito Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

This is so wonderful Katie! I love your embossed red lips and custom background! That sentiment is awesome too! Beautiful creation!

Ms. Jen Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

L-O-V-E I-T! Sentiment is great!

Randee E Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Love those Kick !@#$ red lips :0) What a fun V day card this set will make!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Love it! Everything about it and this card is sooooo YOU! Congrats on another rockin' release!

Anne Tussing Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Awesome card!!! I LOVE that red embossing powder and those lips:)

Kay D Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Wow- look at those lips! You're right, they're killer. {who was the model, hmm?) This is awesome!

Christi Flores Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

OMG girl this is SO fun!! I love it!! *mwah* Hahaha!!!

Danni Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Super duper fun!!! Great and fabulous card!

Michelle VP Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Those are some gorgeous lips! Love how brightly they embossed on that black paper. :)

Tracey Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

I LOVE this Katie! A fabulous sentiment and a gorgeous card!! xx

FibreJunky Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

I think the symbols are the perfect compromise. Awesome card. Love those embossed lips!!

Ashley Newell Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

this is fabby! I love the quote!

Lynne,  Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

I have to ag ree, I LOVE THOSE LIPS. Mayge it reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. (now I'm showing my age)

Michele Gross Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

I LOVE this sentiment! It totally rocks!! Super cool card, love how you did the lips :D

Sanwanya Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Love the lips!! What a pretty card!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

REALLY love the red lips on the black....STUNNING :)

angelafsprouse Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Ooooohhh ... black and red are two of my favorites. This is one sassy card! :)

Kelly G,  Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Great card!!

Deanna Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Katie, you are so beautiful. I LOVE the kissy lips.

Stampin_melissa Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Great card Katie! Love that sentiment!

Mandi Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

What a fabulous card Katie! And I absolutely love the sentiment! :)

Sherry Campbell Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Woo hoo! This is totally FANTABULOUS! :) (yes, I make up my own words....lol) I really love that sentiment and those kick *!# red lips!

jennruggeri75 Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

OMG! I love this card!! Those are some killer lips! The sentiment is too funny!!

Andrea Wednesday, July 07, 2010  

Love them RED lips! So fun!

Lynne in NI Thursday, July 08, 2010  

LOL, what a fun card! Great sentiment and I'm lovin those lips!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP