My Time Made Easy with a Wonderful Watering Can!

>> Friday, July 2, 2010


Today, I get to share a treat with you from My Time Made Easy!


I know I talk about why i love MTME every month, but I do get new subscribers just about everyday (THANK YOU!!!) so I feel like i should reiterate a bit... if you've heard my spiel, just scroll down. :D My Time Made Easy truly is just that! We are all busy people! I know that myself, I am first a Mom and a Wife, then i also run 2 companies, have design team obligations, I teach at least 1 class a month, I try to donate what time i have to my church, and then I'm still human and I like spend time with my friends as well as BY MYSELF! So all that... yea, it's hard to make a gift sometimes. But homemade gifts are the best! Plus what if it's something you'd like to do for someone but you dont have a lot of funds, or maybe spending a lot isnt appropriate?
Well thats when all the things that MTME has to offer comes in handy. I give many of these template gifts to Jack's teachers and ladies at my church. They feel like i must be superwoman, but really, I just took an extra 30 minutes of my day to make something special for them. Given all that i do, those 30 minutes are precious, but the gifts come together so easily and it's so much fun!

I had a blast putting together this awesome template to share today! My head was bursting with ideas, but in the end, i kept it to a wonderful watering can! But think of all the reasons to give a watering can to someone! Mine is going to have a gift certificate to a local nursery inside! I've also used the cut file of the Perfect Pansy and made it come to life with and airbrush!

Ok, i'm getting ahead of myself! First, let's view this Wonderful Watering Can!


Isnt it Cah-Ute?! I especially love the extra score lines making it look so much like a real watering can! First I assembled the entire project using cardstock from Couture Cardstocks in Meadow. Then i took a strip of some DP that i've had seriously forever (i rediscovered when i reorganized my stash recently). I matted the strip with some white cardstock that i punched an eyelet scalloped border (a punch from Stampin Up). A strip of rhinestones along the bottom my Glitz finished off my base.

Here's a quick "aerial" view the watering can. I did use the same DP on the top, the sunlight just washed it out a bit in my photo!


Now time for some stamping! I used the Tending the Garden stamp set for the cover of the watering can. This completely covered the "seam" of the 2 pieces of paper together.
I stamped the frame in Melon Mambo ink (SU) and cut it out. The fronds on the inside was stamped in Clover Meadow (CTMW) and then the sentiment in Tuxedo Black (Memento).
All of the stamps are from the Tending the Garden stamp set! But this set has SOOOOOO many other sentiments and adorable images. You should really check it out!

You'll also notice in the above picture, i added a few other embellishments to the watering can.
The dragonfly is actually a punch by Martha Stewart. I colored the body in with a copic marker (E47) and then added stickles in Fruit Punch to the wings.

The more "fun" addition to the watering can that i did was the pretty pink pansies. Yes i know pansies are supposed to be purple, but pink went better with my paper, so let me live in my dream work of hot pink pansies! :D

Here are 2 close up shots of the pansies...



Arent they fun! The Perfect Pansy is actually a cut file from My Time Made Easy and is available for a mere 2.50! You also get leaves when i opted not to cut, since the green wouldnt stand out against my green watering can anyway!

My trick to get them to come to life was to use the copic airbrush! Easy enough, i cut the pansies out using Sweetheart cardstock from Couture Cardstocks. Then i used a copic RV29 marker in the airbrush. I sprayed the center and just the outer edges of the petals. You could get this effect as well by sponging, but the copic airbrush was way faster and for me, i get much more consistent results. I then bent each petal with my thumb and forefinger before gluing them together. I used some orange flower soft in the center to really bring them to life. So, maybe not so much like a real pansy, but pretty, at least i think so! You should see Lauren's post HERE where she did some great things to her pansies as well!

So thats my project! I have decided to pick up a gift certificate to a local nursery and tuck it inside when I give it as a gift, but since i havent figured out it's recipient just yet... i dont want to do something silly and have the gift certificate expire or have them write the date of when it was purchased on it and then something think its a hand me down gift! hahaha!

But wait... one last picture! I was ecstatic when i was taking my picture (i took the picture outside because afterall, thats where a watering can belong, plus the boys were DESPERATE to play outside... but to wait do my eyes appear...

My peppers!!! Ok, so i've never really had my own garden! This is my first attempt and really, it's more of my husbands but still, i have some green peppers that will be ready soon! Yiipiiiieeee!

Ok, be sure to check out Lauren and Silke
for more devine creations!

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Amy Friday, July 02, 2010  

Gorgeous project--love the color combo and the dragonfly theme.

Mona Pendleton Friday, July 02, 2010  

Such a sweet project Katie! Love your color combo :)

Dawn Easton Friday, July 02, 2010  

Wowzers, Katie! This is AWESOME! Your watering can turned out wonderfully! LOVE how you added flower soft to the centers of your flowers!! Brilliant idea girl!

Unknown Friday, July 02, 2010  

This is fabulous, Katie! LOVE the bright, fun colors and your pansies!!

Unknown Sunday, July 04, 2010  

OMG you are KILLING me with these creations! I need to stop buying stamps and buy SCAL so I can do this.

AKiteFlier Saturday, July 10, 2010  

Beautiful Katie - love the vibrant colors - they scream summer fun!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP