And finally my card!

>> Sunday, July 4, 2010

Man, i really do need some retail therapy! Maybe of a new computer!
I got the computer issue sorted out WE THINK! I finally figured out i could turn my computer on if it was sideways (dont ask how i figured that out!) But that established it wasnt a software problem, it was an inner workings of the computer problem. And since we just installed a new hard drive (as my other one died last week as you might remember), that was the first place i looked. Sure enough, if i turned the computer upside down, you could see the harddrive move. Like it wasnt fitting snug as it probably was supposed to. Being the crafty person i am, i made a little cardstock shim like I would if my dies werent quite tight enough in my cuddlebug. And as of right now, it's working! Let's hope it stays that way!

Ok, so today is the 4th of July! Happy Independence day to all my American readers!
We plan on spending some fun time grilling out, but first i do finally get to share a card with you!
Here is my card showing off the soon to be released Retail Therapy set, designed by Shaela Odd for Paper Makeup Stamps. This set is so fun. I'm a big fan of nice large images so i can color (or paperpiece) so i tried to keep many of the images a good size. Big enough even to go on a scrapbook page, but not so large they they really wouldnt work well on a cardfront. If i do say so myself, i think i did a great job on sizing! haha!

Here's my card using the adorable purse image!

I was so excited when i found this paper at my Local Scrapbook Store, Scrapnesia. They carry all the My Mind's Eye papers and lately i have been LOVING My Mind's Eye! This paper (from the Abbey Road collection) was beyond perfect for this card! The entire sheet was just smaller than 12x12 with a very fun decorative edge. I trimmed off the edge and use it on my card (similar to what i did the other day with the sassafrass lass paper!) This may be my new favorite way to maximize some paper!

I added a pearl by kaisercraft to the closure of the purse and used Liquid Pearls to make the handle of the purse a little more 3D and lush.

For my sentiment strip I added some rather large pearls by martha stewart. Very fun and eye catching!

Whew - so thats my card for you. Better late than never i suppose! Dont forget (if you havent already) check out the PMS blog for more sneakie peekies! And have a fantastic day!

6 comments:

Carma Sunday, July 04, 2010  

So glad you got the computer working! I love the paper and the image! Love, Mom

Tracey Sunday, July 04, 2010  

So glad you got your computer issues sorted out. Fingers crossed it is all fine from now on.

Love your card Katie! This is such a fun and fabulous set and that paper is just perfect!! xx

Unknown Sunday, July 04, 2010  

Gorgeous as always! Yes, I think you deserve a new computer...after all...it's a business expense, right?

Michelle VP Sunday, July 04, 2010  

You're so creative! Both with your card and your computer. :) Love that perfect paper and the shading on your purse. :)

Michelle VP Sunday, July 04, 2010  

You're so creative! Both with your card and your computer. :) Love that perfect paper and the shading on your purse. :)

Tina Monday, July 05, 2010  

Oh my gosh, this is just divine!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP