Hello World...

>> Saturday, July 24, 2010

An ironic subject title.
Today I will be heading to North Carolina to go to my grandma's funeral.
She lived a good life, to 95 years old. Somehow it doesnt make it much less sad. So i'll be away from the blog world for a few days, but then i'll be back, and then i'll be gone to CHA! Thats my silver lining right now.

However, this is a card that I've had done for quite some time... and i just keep forgetting to post it! Silly me. The card was done in my copic class last month!


The stamps (both image and sentiment) are from an Inkadinkado set called Welcome Baby.
I truly adore this set. The baby images are just precious! There is also a turtle, puppy and bear as well as some other sentiments.

In the copic class, we were working on blending some tricky colors. I love these Blue Greens, but getting these tones to not look too bright and still give you some depth can be tricky. I started with BG10 and BG11. I added BG23 (the rest of the BG1_ family is too bright for shadows in my opinion) and BG72, BG75. The red patches are R24 and R27.

The paper is all from the My Mind's Eye Love me Love me Do pack. I totally heart my mind's eye!

So thats my card for you today. I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend. Cherish your time with your loved ones!!!

8 comments:

Tracey Saturday, July 24, 2010  

I'll be thinking of you Katie as you say goodbye to Hemie! Goodbyes are always tough whether a long full life was lived or not.

Love your card today! It's adorable!! xx

Lisa Kind Saturday, July 24, 2010  

This today!card is so adorable! Your coloring and choice of paper is fabulous! Thinking of you

Shaela Saturday, July 24, 2010  

safe travels - when a loved one passes it's always hard, but I hope you can also have joy in being with the rest of your family at this time.

Michelle Saturday, July 24, 2010  

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, Katie. A long, good life is a blessing, but it doesn't ease the pain of those left behind. My prayers are with you as you say goodbye.

Silke Ledlow Saturday, July 24, 2010  

Katie...I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma!!! My Sympathies to you and your family!!!

On a more happy note...I love your your sweet baby card!!!! I'm a bigsucker for baby cards...LOL!!!

Have fun and CHA!!! Hugs ~S~

Lindsay Spencer Sunday, July 25, 2010  

Sorry about your gramdma. :( Beautiful card.

Heather Sunday, July 25, 2010  

Katie, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother! Your family is in our thoughts.

Your card is absolutely adorable!

Terri Tuesday, July 27, 2010  

I am sorry for you loss. Cute card! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a nice comment too.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP