Copic Airbrushing...

>> Tuesday, July 20, 2010


I'm just going to stop pretending to be shocked when i realize i havent posted for a week. Haha. It seems to happen all too often, especially in the whirlwind of the summer! Though the past week has seemed to fly by! Friends on facebook have been seeing my slow but getting there process of getting my craft room finally in order. The boys have spent many days outside swimming in playing in the crazy heat. I've been busy with my various businesses (wedding season!!!!!) But all of that is pretty boring. Perhaps i would have more time to post if i wasnt always chatting away!

Anyhooooo----- tomorrow (wednesday, 21st) is my 2nd copic class for Scrapnesia (a local stamp and scrap store). I was thrilled with the turn out last month. I met quite a few new ladies which is always fun! And I saw some old friends as well!

This is the card we'll be creating tonight in class along with learning the basic ins and outs of the copic airbrush system...

Now i'm not gonna lie... my card is a CASE of one of Theresa Momber's card. Theresa's cards make my heart go pitter patter and this one in particular has been on my mind since oh.... APRIL! You can see her card HERE. For those who don't know what it means to CASE someone's card... it means Copy And Selectively Edit. Now my card is pretty darn similar, but there are a few differences. The stamps are very similar, but different companies. Theresa has sponged the card, while i've used the airbrush and instead of using an emboss resist technique for the branches, i've created a stencil using SCAL and my cricut. I'm honestly not sure what the airbrush would do with an emboss resist, though since you can color just about anything with the copic airbrush, i'm going to guess it wouldnt exactly, resist. :D THe stencil was a good solution to me.

Since this is the card i'm teaching in class tonight, i'm not going to break it down step for step but I will let you in on all the elements used on it! THe butterfly stamp is from Garden Delights by Inkadinkado. I colored the butterfly using a flicking technique and copic markers (YR18, YR15, YR12, Y38, Y35, Y32). The butterfly was then cut out and set aside. I got this FREE svg file from My Cricut Scrapbooking. I used the cutout to create a mask for the white branches and then used the rest of the sheet as a stencil to create the darker orange branch.
The grass image is from the Faith Hope Love set from Paper Makeup Stamps and the sentiment is a simple sentiment also from Paper Makeup Stamps.

The airbrushed background is using the same markers that were used with the butterfly!!! And the butterfly was popped up using some foam adhesive.


Ok, I have a little one squirming all over me and I really need to get him into bed! So, off I go! Have a wonderful evening or day depending on when you read this!

5 comments:

Tracey Tuesday, July 20, 2010  

This is so gorgeous Katie! I love it!! xx

Ginny Wednesday, July 21, 2010  

I am SOOOOOOOOOOO sad I'm missing this class tonight. Love the airbrushing on this!

Unknown Wednesday, July 21, 2010  

Wow! This is GORGEOUS, Katie! LOVE it!!

Carma Wednesday, July 21, 2010  

That's a beautimous butterfly....and the background is very lovely too! Love, Mom

Michelle VP Thursday, July 22, 2010  

Gorgeous! I wish I lived close enough to take your classes. Thank you for the video tutorials you do - it's the next best thing. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP