Copic Creations Challenge with Lily of the Valley

>> Monday, August 1, 2011

2nd post of the day! Scroll down to see my post for My Time Made Easy!!!


Today the copic creations challenge blog has yet another challenge for ya.... to draw grass and landscaping around your image! You know you've seen it done and have been aching to try... so now is the perfect time!

And our sponsor for this challenge is a perfect one... Lily of the Valley!
Their images are just so cute and many of them are perfect for a little landscape doodling!!!

Here is my card...
Is this image not just the sweetest thing! Reminds me of my boys... only these days, my boys are either playing crazy or fighting. I mean, i know it's the norm of brotherhood... but MAN, it's getting a little bit extreme! haha! Every once in awhile i might get a moment of sharing a milkshake with them! :D

Here's a close up of the colored image so you can see my take on the challenge at hand...
To the left you can see the actual stamp itself. THat way you can see that I decided to create a stone wall. It does look like thay are sitting on something, but it could have been a log, a hill, etc. I like the idea of the stone wall for some reason. :D I did also draw in some grass. Since some grass lines were already added my the illustrator, i kept my extra flick marks to a minimum, but adding grass is a GREAT way to enhance your images, and so so easy too! Just a little flick of the pen or marker and you have grass! I like to use a couple different colors for some added depth. :D

Now unfortunately, I dont happen to own any lily of the valley sentiment stamps though they have QUITE a few! You can check them out here. Instead I used one of my absolute favorites from Paper Makeup Stamps, you make the world a better place. Because afterall... the boys may be at each others throats half the day, but they truly are always by each others side and are not at all happy if the other is away or sick, hurt, etc. So it seemed so fitting for this card. :D

A quick recap of the colors used on my card... and then i'll send you on your merry way...
Boys Hair: Y21, YR23, YR30 (YR23 was only used on the boy to the left)
Skin: E00, E21
Shirts: Left G40, G82, G28, Right YG97, YG95, YG91
Pants: E21, E25 ,E27
Wall: C3, C5, W4, N2 (he various grays from warms, cools, yada yada help to give it a more earthy look)
Grass: YG63, YG67, G99,
Sku: BG72, BG70

Now be sure to check out the copic creations blog to get yourself entered in this challenge!!!

2 comments:

Lisa Kind Monday, August 01, 2011  

Love, love, love this card! You colored it so beautifully and it is such a cute image! And I love the stone wall...very clever! Great job with the challenge too!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, August 02, 2011  

Jaw droppping, hitting the floor amazing coloring girl!!!! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP