Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop Starts Now

>> Monday, March 7, 2011


It's another Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop!!!!!

If you are already along your way in the hop, you should have arrived from Christi Snow's WONDERFUL blog! If not, then you need to start back at the beginning for some awesome news about the Fan Favorite contest, and learn how to win yourself some stamps or at least get a discount off your next purchase!

Today the new release will be LIVE on the site, at 9pm EST with a party starting in our forum at the same time!

After a very long and eventful week (thank you for all my well wishes and kudos for keeping my had above water thru it all), i didnt get my card done for yesterdays post. See, I'm not as on top of it as you think!!!! But i couldnt resist the card I had planned to make, so today I have 2 cards to share with you!!!!

First, is Sally Sheep!
I stamped Sally Sheep, the newest addition to the Cutie Critter's stamp line on kraft cardstock and then colored her with copic markers. Then for her white wool, i used a white colored pencil. After cutting the image out with a spellbinders nestie, i airbrushed inside with R81 copic marker. My sentiment comes from the When There's Nothing Left to Say set. I simply left off the "you" and handwrote in "ewe". :D

Next up... is the adorable Aurora!

I've actually had this image for some time but had to wait for the right time to release her.
Isnt she precious? She's actually about how i feel right now! Haha.
After coloring her I again airbrushed inside the nestie. Maybe after all my makeup jobs this week, nothing feels right if there isnt a little airbrushing! HAHAHAHAH!

And now before I forget... my letter for you is the letter S and the next hop in your journey is the ALWAYS talented, Jami Bova!

It's been a bit since i shared "the deets" in this format, and I think i'll get back to it!

The Deets

Card 1
Image: Sally Sheep, new release from Paper Makeup Stamps
Paper: pink polka dots from 3 Bugs in a Rug, blue gingham from Making Memories
kraft cardstock from Bazzill Smoothies
Copics: E25, E21, E00; R81, R83, R85, R89' B41, B45; t3, white colored pencil
Tools: punch by Martha Stewart, spellbinders die label curved rectangles
Accessories: kaisercraft pearls in chocolate, baker's twine

Card 2
Image: Aurora new release from Paper Makeup Stamps
Sentiment: Dream Big sentiment and image set from paper makeup stamps
Paper: Basic Grey; X-press it cardstock
Copics: Skin E21, E00; Hair: E31, E30, "y20"; Dress R01, R12, R02, R05, YG95, YG91; E27, E25
Tools: spellbinders dies, ovals classic and scalloped ovals
Accessories: paper roses (gifted, not sure where they are from)


19 comments:

Unknown Monday, March 07, 2011  

Beauteous as always! Love the idea of coloring on Kraft...you've been watching Lisa M's blog, hey? LOL

Stephanie Zito Monday, March 07, 2011  

WOW!!! They are both absolutely gorgeous Katie!!! Love your sheep coloured on the kraft!

Ginny Monday, March 07, 2011  

Love both these cards and I'm jealous of your airbrush right about now haha. I love how Sally looks on the Kraft cardstock, I think i'll try her on that as well.

Judy Monday, March 07, 2011  

Lovely work on both your projects Katie!! TFS

Andrea Monday, March 07, 2011  

Oh both are so amazing...love the airbrush stuff...and you guys are killing me with the coloring on Kraft cardstock...it looks so amazing!

Billie Dee Monday, March 07, 2011  

I LOVE the vintage look! So creative.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Monday, March 07, 2011  

Muahahah, Anita! I guess I'm converting everyone to color on Kraft!--but I only started doing it after seeing all of Dawn's creations!

Love how Sally looks on the kraft, Katie and how bright her wool is with the colored pencil! Great idea!

And Aurora is just darling! Can you believe I first thought it was a little girl screaming her head off??? Then I saw the "for the sleeping beauty" sentiment and went, "huh?" and then the name clicked and i went "ohhh!!!" total blonde moment! LOL! Love this card!

JayLynn Monday, March 07, 2011  

Great cards! I especially love that Aurora fairy, she's darling :)

Carma Monday, March 07, 2011  

They're both fabulous!! (I had that airbrushing thought myself.. :)

Danni Monday, March 07, 2011  

Love your cards!! I {heart} Aurora..she's so cute!!

jan farnworth Monday, March 07, 2011  

love them boy your so talented

Jenn Joncas Monday, March 07, 2011  

Both cards are cute but I absolutely love the second image!! She is adorable!!

Kim Dellow Monday, March 07, 2011  

So cute! Love them both and sleepy Aurora is just so sweet. She looks like a feel at the moment! LOL! Kim

FibreJunky Monday, March 07, 2011  

Gorgeous!!! I especially love the colouring on on kraft!!

Kristie W. Monday, March 07, 2011  

I loooooooooooove the Aurora card!!! She's adorable and the colors are great! Your sheep is cute too :)

dawnmercedes Monday, March 07, 2011  

what a clever way to alter a stamp sentiment!! thanks for sharing it with us!

Unknown Wednesday, March 09, 2011  

Both of these are fantastic! I love how you colored the sheep!

Fun Blog Hop!
Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

angelafsprouse Wednesday, March 09, 2011  

Gorgeous as always Katie!! I always drool over your coloring talent :).

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP