so many cards to make... so little time!

>> Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sorry for the lack of posting! Last week was an extremely busy work week for me! I welcome the work, but i'm also welcoming the week without as much work! Often when I get busy working, i color to wind down. Now i have all these random colored images with no homes. Sad really.

Anyhoo - this is a card i DID manage to make last week. I used it in my Copic Class at Scrapnesia. Each month we color 3 images and make 1 card. This was the card we made.

The focus this month was a color family. We were focusing on using B32, B34, B37 and B39 as well as introducing a bit of high contrast coloring. We also played a bit with blender solution and the neat effect it can produce.

We used Wayne from the Beautiful Day Fairies collection from Paper Makeup Stamps. His overalls were the perfect example of both these beautiful blue colors and some neat stuff you can do with blender solution! The paper we used on the card is from Pretty Little Studio.

First we colors the overalls ONLY using B32, B34, B37 and B39. We were coloring on Xpress-It cardstock. Xpress It cardstock is much thinner than Neenah and much MUCH thinner than PTI or Gina K's paper. Because it is thinner, I personally feel like it needs less ink. THe bonus is that I can color from the darkest color in (good for high contrast blending) and still have an ease in blending the colors together. Sorry, i got sidetracked! First color the overalls completely, but ONLY the overalls. Then we took some blender solution and put a bit on a pair of jeans (it doesnt damage the jeans, so any jeans will do. We used my 2 year olds because they were easy for me to take to class!). Then press the jean material over the image. Just press down 1 time and lift. dabing will ruin the jean pattern you are stamping onto the image. See below.

Nifty, huh? Now you can finish coloring the image. Here use used E25 and E21. Thank goodness Copic is coming out with an E23! I do have a makeshift E23 that i let my class use if they needed help blending the 2 very different different in value colors together. :D

And thats my card! Now it's time to go snuggle my little boys so they go to sleep and I can snuggle my big boy! Have a good night!


4 comments:

Shaela Tuesday, January 25, 2011  

super cute! I have yet to try that technique but it's on my list :)

Carma Wednesday, January 26, 2011  

What a cool technique!! I like the twine and the papers on the card too.

Anonymous,  Saturday, January 29, 2011  

Very cute!! Love the jeans, and I LOVE when you do posts like this ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP