My Time Made Easy, So Fortunate day 2

>> Sunday, January 2, 2011

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 2011 so far! I seemed to have come down with a bug. Yeah me. So please bear with me, I hope my post makes sense!!!

Today I have another version of the So Fortunate template that was just released yesterday from My Time Made Easy. I told you I just couldn't wait to use the Cherry Blossom Branch a sweet asian girl stamps! For the next couple days the MTME design team is going to show off this super fun template with some of the previously released stamps and papers but i just HAD to sneak these in there too!!!

I did stick with a very asian theme again since I just couldnt wait until later to use the branch and asian girl! But I at least wanted to use another color combo (but it is one of my favorite color combos!)

Here is an angled view of the So Fortunate box in case you missed my post yesterday.
To create the window, after the template walls were cut using my SCAL, i ran the one side thru my Grand Caliber with one of the Labels Three dies from spellbinders. I saved my cut out piece for my card. You'll get more details on that part in a bit! I then stamped on a piece of vellum one of the silhouette images from the Killer Curves stamp set in versafine ink and then embossed it using clear embossing powder (ink takes a LONG time to dry on vellum, this was the main reason i chose to do this). I also stamped and embossed the Thank You sentiment from the So Fortunate stamp set.

I stamped the cherry blossom branch (from So Fortunate) going different angles on each side of the box in black ink as well as the individual cherry blossoms in 3 sizes using a similar ink color to my paper. After assembly, the edges were sponged a bit with black ink.

The box looks really fun with one of those fake votive candles inside! It was my plan, but the photo just came out weird! I'll just let you use your imagination. ;)

And now for my card...

I loved coloring in this asian girl! I used copic markers (colors E00, E21, R30, BG10, BG11, BG32, N3, N2 on outer edge). I also colored in the blossoms on the blue cardstock just to deepen them a smidgen.

The sentiment was stamped on the extra cut out piece from the front of the template box! I used one of the labels from Killer Curves and it fit just perfectly inside!
The sentiment itself is a mixture of 2 stamp sets. The word Thankful is from the Thankful set (not just for autumn!) and the rest of the sentiment is from the So Fortunate set that was just released.

There is more eye candy today from the MTME design team.
Check these ladies out for more awesome ideas!


(and a completely shameless plug... but after you check out the above ladies... if you feel like browsing around some more, check out the PMS blog - sneak peeks start today!)

8 comments:

Lisa Kind Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Very pretty, Katie! I love the color combo! Finally something for you to color! LOL!! Very clever idea to use the piece cut out from the box for your card! Using vellum is THE thing today, I guess!

Catherine Couch Doucette Sunday, January 02, 2011  

LOVE the color combo on this Katie...and the inked edges really give it a vintage type feel!

Lauren (mytime) Sunday, January 02, 2011  

HA! Katie I just finished a template using a similar color! LOL! I LOVE how you used it with Killer Curves. Really stirking gift set :D

Tracey Sunday, January 02, 2011  

What a gorgeous set Katie!! Love the colour! xx

Danni Sunday, January 02, 2011  

What pretty colors!! Fabulous creations!

Kathryn B Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Love your color choices! Fab gift set!

Monique Sunday, January 02, 2011  

Love Love this color...another great gift set Katie :)

Debbie Tuesday, January 04, 2011  

Such a striking set in that turquoise palette :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP