My Time Made Easy Group Post, So Fortunate

>> Saturday, January 1, 2011

Holy Cow! It's 2011?! That still sounds like sci fi novel to me. SOOOOO weird!

Well, it seems i took the month of December off almost! Haha! Lots and Lots going on, family in town, working on websites and rejuicing the mojo! Now hopefully i can be back with a vengeance in 2011!

To kick off the New Year, I get to start with a My Time Made Easy post! I can hardly believe that Lauren started out on this venture 1 year ago! My, how time flies!!! I feel SO FORTUNATE to be on this team of talented ladies!

My Time Made Easy is releasing an awesome new template and stamp set that i just adore! Not to mention a fun cut file (that i'm not using today) and some beautiful printable paper (some that i AM using today!)


The template and stamp set being released is titled, So Fortunate (did you catch it above?).
The template creates an über cute chinese takeout box! I opted to NOT score the top flaps to give it a little bit of asian lantern feel. I'm not sure the lantern thing worked out, but i still like the look of it!

Here's a closer look at the template...
I cut the sides of the box using my SCAL (you do not need to have a software cutting program for the MTME templates, you can always download a pdf version for your printer!). The template comes with decorative layer pieces so it was super easy. I used the "shadow" on the SCAL to create the mat layers.

Using the So Fortunate stamp set, i create my decorative paper. I used the individual cherry blossom leaves. There is also a cherry blossom branch that is just awesome and a super sweet asian girl image. I just can't WAIT to use them! Ok, i got off track. haha. I also used the kanji symbols on the sides of the box (a different symbol is on each side)

To color in the cherry blossoms, i knew i wanted them to pop against the pink background.
I used copic markers R85 and R81 to shade the flower and then used a white colored pencil to lighten the ends of each petal.

And now onto my card...
My card is admittedly suuuuuper simple but there was 1 major thing i wanted to address.
The paper used on my card is one of the new papers released this month (and in both a landscape and vertical format. The design is laid out so perfectly with even the kanji images sort of watermarked in. I wasnt sure where i wanted to cut into it for my card and then i had an idea... what if i printed the paper in the size of my card front?! I opened the paper image in photoshop (but any photo editting program would do) and sized it to fit the front of a card, keeping the entire design the same. Then printed, cut that out and put it on my card! A beautiful card front! I didnt need to do anything else really! Now i suppose you could but i did want you to see how well this paper makes a cardfront, so i opted to be simple with using the same satin ribbon as on my template and then one of the kanji symbols again with pale pink cherry blossom flower heads stamped behind the sentiment. (sentiment was cut with the labels 9 spellbinders die).

And that is my project for today! Be sure to check back in tomorrow for another take on this template. :D

Check out the rest of the MTME design team and their awesome projects for today!








Have a great day!

12 comments:

Danni Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Great project!! Hope 2011 is a great year for you, Katie!

Anonymous,  Saturday, January 01, 2011  

How fun Katie-Lou!! I love the colors you chose... such a cute giftie. Happy New Year girl!!! Love ya!

Renkata Saturday, January 01, 2011  

hahhaha
Ya it's already 2011 time just fly by!
You have created such a relaxing and romantic project.
Happy New Year!

Catherine Couch Doucette Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Great idea, Katie!! And I love the lantern idea!!

Anne Tussing Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Love your take-out sample and the card! Yes, I can "see" the lantern in your project:) So Cute!

Dawn Easton Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Happy New Year, Katie! Fantastic projects my friend~

Cassie_lu Saturday, January 01, 2011  

terrific take on the red and black.

AKiteFlier Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Katie this is fabulous - I love the way you did all three sides of your box with different symbols. I am in love with the red blossom paper you used (I started mine before Kristin had this one done or I would have used it for sure). I love how you sized the paper to be the front of the card - it is a beautiful paper for sure. Hope your new year is filled with laughter, love, hugs, smiles and lots of good health! Happy New Year!

Lisa Kind Saturday, January 01, 2011  

This is so pretty, Katie! Love how you used the SCAL program to create layers and how you made the paper fit your card! Such a clever girl! Great colors and of course the white around the flowers (touches of a Makeup Artist indeed!). Happy 2011 my friend!

Lauren (mytime) Saturday, January 01, 2011  

I think this is so super sweet Katie! I love it. I love the coloring you did too. SO pretty. Its simply sweet :D

Monique Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Happy New Year Katie!! Love this color combo and the flower really pop with the white colored pencil. Love how our goodies to put in match so perfectly. Great work!!!:)

Debbie Saturday, January 01, 2011  

Brilliant use of resizing the DSP for the card, Katie! I'll have to give that a try next time :) what a great set you've created!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP