My Time Made Easy: A Year in Review

>> Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today is a group post from the My Time Made Easy Design Team and we are focusing on some of our favorite templates, papers and stamps from 2010!

I chose to showcase the Under Cover template.

This template makes such a cute little gift holder! It actually would work phenomenally for a gift card, money, etc. I however have weddings on the brain as it is "booking season" so i've had a lot of bridal makeup inquiries (not to mention 3 weddings this month) and I thought this would be a fun way to wow a bride with a little touch up kit. The super fun thing about it all is I can taylor the colors of the template to match the brides colors of her wedding!

Here's a shot of everything inside the bridal touch up kit.
Now I do try to use long wear products that will need very minimal touch up. Waterproof EVERYTHING, long wear lip color and foundations, etc. Still, having the right touch up products are great to have on hand. In the kit i have some rice paper incase she or anyone else in the bridal party (AHEM, the groom!) gets a little oily thru out the day/evening.
Also some mattifying primer that is actually great if you skin gets dry or dehydrated thru the day. In the photo i also included the lip color, which I only supply if the bride decides to buy it. If not, I use these little sample jars (the ones with white lids) and can cut off a bit of the lipstick and lipgloss and give a disposable lip wand for her to reapply color.

Ok... enough of that, I didnt want to not say what i put in there for those who were curious, but I know you are much more interested in this adorable template!

Here's a shot of the template without anything inside of it.

This is one of those templates that really look great with a double sided cardstock. Here I've used cosmo cricket because I was trying to match the bridal colors for the wedding i have this weekend, but if you dont have any double sided cardstock on hand, you can PRINT YOUR OWN! MTME has lots and lots of adorable printable paper packs. You simply print one side, flip it over, and print the other side. And viola! Double sided paper that is perfect for your project!

Now the hole cut inside the template is completely optional. I like the idea of seeing the goodies inside, but i did line the inside with a piece of clear acetate. I wouldnt want anything to fall out! I mean this is a touch up kit! Heaven forbid we lose the lipstick!

(also, the Just for You sentiment on top of the box is from the set Tending the Garden)


And here is a quick shot of the card I created to match the template. I think it's nice to write the bride a little note thanking her for having ME be apart of HER day. Afterall, it's a honor!
I havent always done this in the past, but it's something I want to start doing this year. Goodness knows it's not like i dont have enough cards around! ;)


THe card is simple and focuses mostly on using the same elements and embellies as on the template, but the sentiment is from the stamp set So Sentimental.

Now be sure to check out the rest of the MTME team and all their fun projects to share today!




6 comments:

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 06, 2011  

Love it Katie!! This is such a great idea. I live the punch frame around the window. Your colors and deets are fabulous!

Lisa Kind Thursday, January 06, 2011  

What a great idea! Any bride would love this! Such pretty colors, too!

Monique Thursday, January 06, 2011  

Fab idea Katie.. Love the pretty colors with the scalloped window and pearls... Great project!!

Candi Thursday, January 06, 2011  

Loving your blog! What a great gift to have some awesome music start playing! It totally has me smiling!

Adriana Vanderhoeven Wednesday, January 12, 2011  

wooowww beautiful!!! the bride will be happy!!
hugs from Argentina
Adriana

Lauren (mytime) Monday, January 31, 2011  

OH MY! I am in love with this idea. You killed this project :D

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP