November Fairy Sneak Peeks for Paper Makeup Stamps

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010



The sneak peeks have begun for Paper Makeup Stamps! Yesterday the newest wordart was sneaked, today it's new fairies! This month I decided to visit a favorite childhood christmas memory! The Nutcracker!!! Not as many crafting friends know this, but i was a hard core dancer at one time (ok, in my YOUNGER years!) but i continued to dance Ballet thru college.
I have been in The Nutcracker Ballet 9 times! I never reached the prize role of the Sugar Plum Fairy, but I did dance the part of Claire (among many many other roles thru my years of dancing).
So for me, the holidays and the nutcracker go hand in hand!
When i asked Diem to create some nutcracker themed fairies, she was very excited. We had a lot of fun chatting back and forth about the images. Be sure to check out the company blog for sneak peeks of all the fairies!

Here is my card using the Sugar Plum Fairy and one of the new holiday wordarts!
I used yesterdays sketch challenge (SC305) for my card layout and the papers are from My Minds Eye. The collection is from their Lost & Found line and is called Market Street: adore. It's a little hard to see in the photos, but the text paper is written in french! I have no idea what it says, but i thought it was awfully appropriate for a ballet image!

Here is a closeup of the Sugar Plum Fairy...
She was color with copic markers... R81, R83, R85, R89, E53, E51, E21, E00, E25 and a lot of spica pen which unfortunately i didnt get a good picture of.
I played around a bit with the shading around the image. I'm not sure i've quite got the hang of the "dots" but it's fun to play! Even though this isnt an overly christmas card, it is still the Sugar Plum Fairy. I plan on sending this card to my ballet instructor all those years! She trained me from the time i was 6 til i was 22! She deserves a card!


DOn't forget there are ways to win free rubber this week over on the PMS company blog, so check it out!!!! And please join us in our release party this coming sunday from 9-11 pm EST in our forum!!!

13 comments:

dawnmercedes Thursday, November 04, 2010  

She's a doll! way to go with this sneaky peeky!!

Michelle VP Thursday, November 04, 2010  

She's beautiful, Katie! We travel to PA every December to watch my niece dance in the Nutcracker. It's just a magical night, and I am so happy you're releasing Nutcracker stamps. Do you have any pictures of yourself dancing in it? Your teacher is going to love getting this card from you. :)

Ms. Jen Thursday, November 04, 2010  

She's adorable! Love what you did with her Katie. Stop over I've got some blog candy.

Randee E Thursday, November 04, 2010  

Gorgeous card and coloring - as always. She reminds me of the ballerina jewelry box I think every little girl had. You know the one that when you open it, the little pink ballerina spins in a circle to a sweet little tune??

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Thursday, November 04, 2010  

Well well well. Learned something new about Miss Katie today. A Ballet dancer huh? Well I figured you had to have been involved in the ARts somehow with your makeup experience! but didn't have you pegged for a ballet dancer! I bet you were gorgeous dolled up. :)

this little fairy is darling! I love all the layers of pink and the dotted shadowing looks very very good!

♥Lisa M.

Ginny Thursday, November 04, 2010  

Wow, I love the coloring you did on this card! It reminds me of one of the first copic classes I went to that you taught and I always love the high contrast. Ooooh dots, that looks like something new and fun to try!

Carma Thursday, November 04, 2010  

This did turn out very, very nice! I love it (and so will Miss LouAnn).

Andrea Thursday, November 04, 2010  

Eeek I love all of the dots around the image...it makes it look like she is totally twinkling! So cool!!

Tracey Thursday, November 04, 2010  

This is just gorgeous Katie! I love it!! xx

Lindsy Friday, November 05, 2010  

BEAUTIFUL card! And I'd say all the pinks go PERFECTLY for a Christmas card with the Sugar Plum Fairy on it! =) I'm sure your ballet instructor will love it!

FibreJunky Friday, November 05, 2010  

Wow. Every time I think you've hit the top, you find another pinnacle I didn't know existed.

Stephanie Zito Friday, November 05, 2010  

Wowzerze!!! This is absolutely breathtaking Katie!!! So beautiful! Your colouring is out of this world!

Unknown Friday, November 05, 2010  

Once again, your mad coloring skills make me jealous!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP