It's a Baby Shower Blog Hop!

>> Friday, November 12, 2010

My very good friend, Ginger, is adopting a baby boy! She is heading out of town tomorrow. I am so silly excited for her I cant even stand it! I have known friends who adopted before, but have never been so close to someone who has adopted. Oh the roller coasters of emotions!
She has remained so strong thru it all! I'm so proud of her and she is going to be a terrific mommy!!! But if you could, just say a little prayer that everything goes as smoothly as possible!!!!

Ginger is a member of the Paper Makeup Stamps design team. The team decided to do a little send off blog hop of happy warm chunky baby wishes! We hope she is surprised!!!
So if you are doing the hop with us (and I hope you are) you should have hopped here from Randee. If you are just coming to my blog, why dont you start back at the beginning! :D

Here is my card...


Today is ALSO the makeup 4 the weekend challenge, and Stephanie challenged us with this sketch....

Now... my plan was to totally use this sketch, and i think i got so excited that i forgot about it because my card only looks about half way like the sketch. WOOPS. At least i still like my card, right?!

The stamp is a single wordart available here from Paper Makeup Stamps. The patterned paper is from American Crafts.

Ok, now it's time to hop to the sweetest gal since Hawaiian bread, Michelle Van Patten!

13 comments:

Unknown Friday, November 12, 2010  

I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgets parts of sketches LOL. Lovely card anyhow.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Friday, November 12, 2010  

This is a lovely card...funny how so many of us chose the same sentiment to feature... :)

Michelle VP Friday, November 12, 2010  

You have such a great sense of style, Katie! Love your paper choices and how you framed your layers. It took me a minute to realize it didn't match the sketch "exactly" - it still captures the spirit of it! :)

dawnmercedes Friday, November 12, 2010  

I love the tiny brown accents on this card! neat!

Tracey Friday, November 12, 2010  

Such a wonderful card Katie!! Love the brown and blue combo! xx

Andrea Friday, November 12, 2010  

Lovely and simple...just perfect to frame that very perfect sentiment!

Stephanie Zito Friday, November 12, 2010  

Fabulous card Katie! I think you did an awesome job with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along this week and I defintely have Ginger in my thoughts and prayers! Have a great weekend!

Randee E Friday, November 12, 2010  

I love your take on the sketch :0) Gorgeous colors too!

Carma Friday, November 12, 2010  

I've always liked brown and lt. blue. This makes a fabulous card!

Ginny Saturday, November 13, 2010  

I am lovin this card Katie!!! Thank you so much for the call yesterday. You have no idea how much this made me smile in the midst of a bit of chaos :) Love the colors on this (and how well they match the nursery!!!) I nearly cried at reading all of the posts and seeing all of the cards. I'll be sure to text you as soon as I have fun information for you :) AND I'll call you first thing the morning we are back so you can come visit!!!!

Lissame Saturday, November 13, 2010  

love the simplicity of the card thanks for sharing

Brooke Monday, November 15, 2010  

Congrats to your friend. It's also nice to see a card fit for adoptive parents. A friend of a friend recently adopted and it's so amazing. There really is a wonderful plight to make that little person yours. Something that seems so much more special than usual.

Photo baby shower invitations Monday, November 15, 2010  

You really don't know how much I adore the blue card, I wanted to congratulate you really for making this awesome baby shower cards.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP