My Time Made Easy with some Pumpkin Pie!

>> Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It is no secret i have a mild obession with anything pumpkin. Pie... lattes.... candles.... soup..... the color... really, i love pumpkin! When I saw the Any Way You Slice it template... i knew there was just 1 thing i wanted to make... a slice of pumpkin pie!!!!


This adorable triangle box can be made into all SORTS of things. The fun thing is thinking up new ways to dress it up! (a tree, santa hat, candy corn, pie slice, cake slice, reindeer, carrot, etc etc!)



So how what did i do? First i created the template itself. I'm also mildly obsessed with my airbrush. It's just so comfy and happy in my hand. haha. I went over all the edges quickly with the YR14 copic marker... just enough to tinge the edges. I used some natural twill ribbon and ran a strip of scortape on the underside and then pleated it to create my crust. I airbrushed that a bit too so it would look cooked. I also used the twill ribbon to create other crust like features on the box. To create my whipped cream, i took some white tulle and wound it around, adhered it together on the bottom side with a large piece of scor tape. Lost my scor tape!
Thats pretty much it for the box! Super cute box that takes very little to doll up! Which is nice when gift giving is quick and often around the holidays! You can see in the above photo where the box folds into itself at the point. The whole side wall then just swings out! I probably should have taken a picture of that! Well, click HERE and you will see more detail shots of how it opens, as well as purchase it if you desire. ;)

Onto my card...
You know you love that great big pumpkin! Ok, so i know that I love that great big pumpkin!
hahahahah! Well, that my friends, is the gloriousness that is digi stamps! Last month there was a stamp set released called Spooky Surprise. It was also released as a digi! Instant download... less cost... less storage space. I do like to actually stamp now and then, but I am also a big fan of digi stamps for the reasons i already mentioned. This here is the pumpkin in the stamp set... which the stamp itself is barely over and inch by inch. Super great size for decorating your templates, tags, etc. But i wanted the pumpkin to be my main focus, so i enlarged that baby and had a LOT of fun coloring him in! Here i used copic markers, YR21, YR12, YR15, YR18.

OH i havent mentioned the paper i used yet! It's one of the new released of Pretty Printables Paper! The paper collection is called Fall Foliage. I love it!!!! If you like the patterns, well check out all the paper packs, great paper patterns in different color combos, all coordinated with the other paper patterns in the same color combos giving you the ability to mix and match your papers on your projects with ease!

Now be sure to check out Lauren, Tangii, Catherine, and Debbie's blogs as they have also used this super adorable template today!!!

8 comments:

Romaine Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

What a cute use of this box! I {heart} pumpkin pie-it's my fave!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Yum!!! SAve a piece for me :D

AKiteFlier Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Nicely done Katie - now I'm craving pumpkin pie and it's only 7:30 in the morning! Love the whipped cream dollop

Catherine Couch Doucette Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Oh, I LOVE the giant pumpkin! What a great idea, and perfect for pumpkin pie...I'm drinking pumpkin coffee as I type :0)

Dawn Wheeler Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Wow fabulolous and inspiring as always
love your cute card and box xxx
sending huge hugs
Dawn xxx
miss u loads x

Lisa Howell Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

I love your example of this template! It really makes me think of more ways to use it!! So cute!!

Monique Wednesday, November 03, 2010  

Oh body Does that every look Yummy!! Love the Dp at the bottom and love the whipping cream.Great way to use the template Katie!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP