My Time Made Easy sneak peeks start!

>> Friday, October 29, 2010

Today is the first day of sneak peeks for the November My Time Made Easy release!
Lauren has done it again bringing fantastic templates, adorable holiday stamps and some phenomenal cut files!

Today I get to show you the Star of the Show template! Ok... it's no news that i am in LOVE with the star shape! I love everything about it from the various things is symbolizes to the way it can be used for so many different occasions! This star shaped box will be an easy one to use over and over and for gift giving! It will make even a simple gift, a WOW gift! Plus it is a SNAP to put together! Can you imagine a time you've had a gift you were slightly, un....motived? to give? Just because you didnt think it was enough? Well, show your loved one the star that you think they are by packing it in this adorable box!

Here's my project for you today...

Now this star box is LARGE! I actually decided to make it bigger than big! I finally decided to break out the 12x24 inch mat for my cricut that i bought ages ago along with one of the 12x24 inch paper pads! Now the only reason you need such a large mat if you want your box this large is for the sides. I could have made it even larger! haha! Maybe next time. ;)

After assembling the Star of the Show box, i printed from pretty impressions printables paper that was actually released in August. The collection pack is called Taylor's Teeth: Candied Thislestalk. I just loved the confetti star paper from all the Taylor's Teeth collections! This one, while perfect for the holidays with green and red mixed some pink in there which is fine for the holidays but also makes it usable for all around the year.
I used satin ribbon and adhered it all around the box lid just to glam it up a bit and then tied a spearate piece of red satin around the box and tied a bow. Hopefully it's enough to keep eager eyes out until it's time to open! After all... the top does say...
DO NOT OPEN UNTIL DEC. 25th!
This stamp as well as the bell (stamped in versamark ink and then added queen's gold embossing powder) and bow are from the stamp set Secret Santa. I am in love with thi set. The font is perfect, the sentiments perfect and the images... just adorable! A truly go to stamp set for the holidays! I used it again on my card...
My card is very simple... i used the same paper and cardstock to create an easy card to match the template project. I used a fun border punch (that i HAD to have) by martha stewart to create the star border.

SO that is my project for you today! Be sure to check out Lauren, Catherine, Tangii, Tammy, Monique and Debbie for something that is sure to make you eager for November 1st!

Have a wonderful day!!!

15 comments:

Monique Friday, October 29, 2010  

Love your star box Katie. Great idea putting ribbon around the lid . I {heart} the DP :)

Anonymous,  Friday, October 29, 2010  

Very pretty Katie! I am loving that touch of pink!!!! Awesome job :)

Alice Friday, October 29, 2010  

I am in love with your project!
Beautiful!
Alice

Tracey Friday, October 29, 2010  

Just gorgeous Katie! A lovely gift set!! xx

Tammy Hershberger Friday, October 29, 2010  

VERY cute, Katie! The star paper looks awesome with your card and box! Love the bright colors!

Catherine Couch Doucette Friday, October 29, 2010  

Katie!! I love the jingle bell on top...perfect accent for this :0)

AKiteFlier Friday, October 29, 2010  

Flippin Fabulous Katie - LOVE it! - Way to go girl.

Kristin Eberline Friday, October 29, 2010  

BEAUTIFUL gift set, girl! LOVE Sara's paper also...and you made it look amazing on your project! PERFECT for the star box ;] How awesome that you made the box huge! I think I might have to copy that idea and use this one to gift cookies and other goodies over the holidays. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend ♥

Debbie Friday, October 29, 2010  

Love this, Katie! The papers look awesome and the yummy satin ribbon and tags are just perfect :)

Ms. Jen Friday, October 29, 2010  

WOW Katie, that is so beautiful. I love that paper too. I'm tryin to find some good christmas paper. Any other suggestions??

Renkata Friday, October 29, 2010  

wow I love this star box. Fantastic work.

Unknown Saturday, October 30, 2010  

Katie -- BEYOND Cute girl!! Love the colors, and that BIG star box :). Just perfect!!

Lisa Kind Saturday, October 30, 2010  

Oh Katie! This is fantastic! I love the colors and the ribbon really makes it pop! Love the use of that jingle bell! Beautifully designed gift set with the pretty card! Love it!

Carol's Ink Spot Sunday, October 31, 2010  

Loving the star box examples! I like how you wrapped the ribbon around this and added the cute bell tag.

Unknown Friday, November 05, 2010  

Gorgeous...I'm just going around checking out all the new releases to decide what to get...so far the star & the triangle..... maybe the tags LOL

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP