Fancy a Cuppa To Go with My Time Made Easy!

>> Saturday, October 2, 2010


I love love love anything to do with coffee! This is why I am beyond excitement with the new release from My Time Made Easy. But the best thing about it is Lauren has thought of things that other craft companies haven't! Like how to make a to go cup of your own! And using K-Cups and a stamp image of a Kuerig machine, not just a coffee pot! I am in total love of this release! Check out what i did with the Fancy a Cuppa and To Go templates using paper from the Coffee Beans pretty printables paper collection digi pack and Fancy a Cuppa add on stamp set and Grap a Cup stamp set!



Stinkin' cute, huh?!
Here is an overiew looking down. There is an insert dividing the Fancy a Cuppa into 2 compartments. You could omit the divider and use this template for a lot of other things!

There is a little handle at the top but it's a little hard to see since i went ribbon crazy. Gotta love using up those ribbon scraps though!

I fit 8 kcups perfectly into the right side compartment.

Here is a view of the To Go template. It creates an adorable to go cup! How stinkin' cute! No more "altering" a cup just for a gift purpose. Now you can create an adorable "coffee cup to go" package to coordinate with your card or other gift packaging. To pair it with the Coffee K Cups, i filled the cup with single servings of coffee creamer.

Now for the lid... obviously that doesnt come with the template because you can't make your computer cut a plastic lid! But the To Go cup fits all the standard cup lids. I sweetly asked my barista at starbucks if i could snag an extra lid. My starbucks gals are sooooo nice. They give my kiddos treats too. My husband says it's because they are hopped up on caffeine and sugar. Maybe so, but they are still very nice!

Last but not least is my coordinating card. I used more papers from the Coffee Beans pretty printables paper pack. I am very happy with how this turned out because as i looked at a few of my recent cards today i gasp in shock and horror that every card had essentially the same layout! My i am in a RUT i told myself! So i knew I have to do something different! So this is a different kind of layout for me, but it was fun. The red circle is not a mat at all but rather a cut out. The circle that i cut out is on the top of the coffee cup, so i used the negative space and let the red mat show thru. Then i popped up the stamped image of the Kuerig-esque machine on top. I did want to have a few similar elements so i add the same red ribbon that is on the packaging. But other than that, this card could also stand alone.

Here is a quick side view of the card just so you can see the detail of what I am talking about.

I wouldnt call it revolutionary, but it's different than the 1.5x4 inch piece of coordinating patterned paper that I seemed to think was necessary on my cards. hahahaha.

Ok, so now that you've seen my project, be sure to check out what Lauren, Tangii, Tammy, and Debbie have in store for you!


11 comments:

Debbie Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Oh my gosh, Katie ... I love it!! Those ribbons are to sweet and love the papers too -- fabby :)

Renkata Saturday, October 02, 2010  

wow Katie, that is stunning project and stamp set just beautiful and the box OMG!

Anonymous,  Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Love this girlie!!! The colors are awesome and I love the "fillers"... too fun!

Jami Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Wow! lovin' this template, and love how you put it all together!! I have got to buy some of these templates!!

Unknown Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Such a fun gift set, Katie! Love the the k-cups fit perfectly inside!!

Lisa Kind Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Very pretty project, Katie! I love the fun colors you chose! And I love the red cup...so festive! Great idea to put those small coffee cups in the one side of the carrier! I didn't realize they made chai latte...my fav! I don't have one of those machines, but my niece does! I'll have to raid her house and make some! LOL!

Catherine Couch Doucette Saturday, October 02, 2010  

So cute, Katie! I love the way you divided up the container...and I love my Keurig too! Pumpkin Spice (I think that's the name) is my current fav!

AUSTINSGRAMM Saturday, October 02, 2010  

So awesome and cute. Perfect for a lot of my friends. Great project and love the papers you used.


tfs
bobbi

Monique Saturday, October 02, 2010  

Great gift set Katie!! Love these bright cheerful colors. This would put a smile on anybody's face :)

AKiteFlier Sunday, October 03, 2010  

Flippin fun Katie - I LOVE this. You have my addy right?!?!? LOL THis will be a super great gift for someone special. I love the card, too - and it's ok to be in a rut sometimes when the layout we want to use just works. Sometimes being uber creative takes a lot of energy. ROCK ON with this wonderful project.

Unknown Tuesday, October 05, 2010  

This is marvelous Katie -- I like the paper you chose *wink* and that you put k-cups in the one side of the carrier -- smart thinkin! The recipient sure is lucky... (it IS me, isn't it?? lol)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP