My love for coffee...

>> Sunday, September 6, 2009

...is about as big as my love for apples. hahahahaha. I love any warm drink really. Hot apple cider being one of them too of course!

When I asked cynthia if she could draw up some coffee cups and things, i never had any idea how in love with them I would be! They are so different from the other coffee sets i've seen (which i think i own them all). Now i'm not knockin' the other stamp companies. I love their sets, but I'm very happy to have my own coffee set! And it has some super fun and fab wordart and sentiments to go with it put together by Shaela Odd.

Now, that i've talked up the coffee set, called Caffeine Trip (to be released on September 7th at 9pm CST), i dont exaaactly have a sneak for you of it. Instead i used one of the Moody Girls (also designed by cynthia). But she is the Moody for Coffee girl! :) And i love her! I paired her with one of the sentiments from the Caffeine Trip set. Dont forget to check out the PMS blog to see all the fun and funky cups and sentiments in this set!

Here is my card...


I'm telling you, i could color these moody girls all day long. They are just so much fun! Maybe i'll do a tutorial on how i like to color them soon. :)

Here is a close up of Ms. Moody's face...


And you might notice, the image itself is raised. I embossed it while in the nestie. And then i look my version of a paler R81 copic marker (an empty with r81 refill various ink and blender solution) and colored in the non raised portion.

With the snetiment, i also embossed it in the nestie, but i used my airbrush to give it a little color.


OH, and you see that ribbon? Look in the above photo, you can see it peeking out. Well that is the saddle stitched ribbon from the SU in colors a few years back. The white side stitch was too jaring against the rest of my card that was predominately pomegranate and pink... so you know what i did? I color over the white with a copic marker. It worked FANTASTICALLY. I was thrilled with my idea after. I'm going to start coloring EVERYTHING to match! :)

Here's...


Stamps:
Moody for Coffee (image) by Paper Makeup Stamps, to be released September 7th at 9pm CST
Caffeine Trip (sentiment) by Paper Makeup Stamps, to be released September 7th at 9pm CST

Coloring (with copics)
Skin: E00, E21, R30, E000
Hair: Y21, "y20", YR23
Eyes B12
all pink tones : "R80", R81, R83, R85, R89
Coffee and beans: E25

Paper
Patterned Paper - some of the last scraps i have left of Purely Pomegranate... WAAAAAAAAAAAH
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White classic crest, scrap pomegranate that actually isnt SU, thought it was at first!

Tools and Accessories
Spellbinders: Classic Plain circles, large; Petite Scallop Circle Large
Sidestitched ribbon from Stampin Up (purely pomegranate)
Fiskars border punch
Pearls by kaisercraft in Champagne
Piercing Mat Pack by SU

1 comments:

Heather Sunday, September 06, 2009  

I absolutely love this! These coordinate fabulously! Your card is incredible!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP