My BFF is a fairy!

>> Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's another day of sneak peeks over at the PMS blog. To see 3 new fairies being released, go over there to check it out!

I'm VERY excited about my fairy to show you today! When chatting with Diem (the illustrator of the Beautiful Day Fairies for Paper Makeup Stamps), I told her i really wanted a fairy for my BFF, Rachel.



Now Rachel is a true dometic goddess! I know you all have one in your lives. You know, the one who's home is always emaculate. She's got some glorious delicious dinner cooking (even if it's only noon). She's got a scrumptious dessert waiting in the refridgerator. And she's done all of this while simultaneously creating some ridiculously cute craft for her child to take to school. Yes, she's THAT mom. She's also the mom who always finds everything on sale. Oh, and did i mention she looks good while doing all of this? This picture of us is very old by the way! Rachel now sports this über cute bob hair cut. Of course she does. ;) She's a domestic goddess!

Here's my life... my house, though my best intentions are to keep it clean, always has toys strewn about, laundry to be put away, and is very very very lived in. There is never dinner cooking on the stove or crockpot or anywhere earlier than 20 minutes before dinner because i dont have a clue how to cook. There might be some dessert somewhere though. I never find things on sale, but rather have to run to the stores after Rachel calls me to tell me to go and even then i miss it half the time. And most of my clothes are Rachel hand me downs as she either gets skinnier than i am, or she's giving me clothes she's traded for her new sales duds. Yes, this is my life. *sigh*

But having Rachel for the BFF is fantab. Because she always remembers to call me about such sales. I DO get the "hand me down" clothes, which of course due to her domestic goddess ways have been well taken care of and you'd never know. She makes my dinners FOR ME and brings me snacks. And she's always ready with some crafty mojo. She is my muse. Not to mention she cuts all my rubber for me! hahahahaha.

She's the domestic goddess everyone should have in their lives! Oh, and our kids are going to get married. :)

Without much further ado, i give you my Rachel card!



Please notice that i left the bristles of her broom white because though rachel cleans often, there really isnt much to clean. I tried to help a bit while she was sick and wanted to clean for her... but there was still nothing to clean! So instead of coloring her broom. I added Spica pen so it shimmers! hahahahaha. I also added some spica pen to her hair and wings. Its hard to photograph of course, but i tried!



So since my pst has already gotten incredibly wordy... i think i'll just skip right down to...



Stamps:
Rachel Fairy from Paper Makeup Stamps (to be released Sept 7th at 9pm CST
Fairy Sentiments from Paper Makeup Stamps

Coloring with Copics
E50, E51, E53 (i know i know, not my norm! Rachel is hispanic, so i wanted a more golden skintone!)
Hair: Custom Color "E23", E25, E27
Dress: YG93, YG97
Leggings: E25, E27
Apron: YR000, YR62, R32, R35
Wings: R000, R00
Broom: E42, E43
Ladel: C1, C3

Paper:
Patterned Paper by Bo Bunny (Kitchen Spice)
Cardstock by SU (Regal Rose, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip)
Flower from Hobby Lobby (bought with Rachel! hahaha)
Brad from stash, though i think it might have been Making Memories??
Pearls from Basic Grey (available to buy on the PMS site!)

10 comments:

Erin... Thursday, September 03, 2009  

So cute!!!! Love the colors and what a fabulous image!!

Alexandra Lundgren Thursday, September 03, 2009  

LOVE Rachel! Both the fairy and the real life for being good to you- you deserve it :)

silvia Thursday, September 03, 2009  

Katie~ Awesome card and even more awesome that you had a fairy made for your BFF.

Unknown Thursday, September 03, 2009  

I'm sick...I want Rachel to come be my BFF LOL Gorgeous fairy...and how lucky are you to have such a friend!

Christi Flores Thursday, September 03, 2009  

OMG! I love this and your story makes me love it even more!!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Thursday, September 03, 2009  

What a great tribute to Rachel! What a dear dear friend to have! And your card is perfect!

Danni Thursday, September 03, 2009  

Wonderful card and too cute image!

Tracey Friday, September 04, 2009  

This is a gorgeous card Katie! Love this fairy!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP