Use It Up Challenge

>> Wednesday, April 30, 2008

It may be part of my nesting phase - but i'm starting to notice the accumulating... or rather largely accumulated amounts of craft supplies and beauty supplies sitting all over my house. SO - i'm instituting a USE IT UP CHALLENGE! I'm very excited about this challenge o' mine. I'm vowing to not buy another beauty supply (whether it's makeup or body) unless i'm simply out of the product i need. So i'll be using the silly shamoo samples i get from hotels (i only keep them when they are a good brand), and all of the plethera of lotions etc. I know i have enough makeup to last me for decades. I can by makeup if it's something i need for a job, thats my stipulation there. But then i got to thinking... why not move this to other areas of my life, like crafting!
My crafting use it up challenge means i cant buy anything new (unless i sell something i already have). So watch out ebay because there are some new stamps i've been dying to get! This also means the items i'm buying will be more valuable to me. I WILL use some some of the mounds of paper i have sitting around. I wont buy a single other brad or eyelet. Only exceptions are when i need something very specific for a swap.

SO - are you in on the challenge with me? We can do it! Really we can!!!! For each project you complete with ALL supplies from your stash only... let me know and you will have another entry in my Use It Up Blog Candy!

I'll do an update of this every week for a month and then i'll give away the first round of blog candy - and it will be good! (not something from my stash - something that i will buy brand spankin' new!). BUT - i might have little give aways now and then from my stash so keep checking back!

2 comments:

LeAnne Wednesday, May 07, 2008  

Ohh, I love this idea. I am trying to do it too! Some of my best creations are from my scrap basket and my endless stash of ribbons, embellies etc. so I know it can be done. I have even been purging stuff to donate to a summer camp that is doing paper crafting classes for kids. You go girl!

cotton textil Friday, July 15, 2011  

Cotton is also a very political crop because of its importance in world trade and to the economies of many developing countries.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP