PMS BLOG HOP AND DIGI CHALLENGE IN 1

>> Monday, November 7, 2011


Oh my my my.... today is a big day! It's a monday, so a new digi challenge from the PMS digi makeover group. It's the 7th, so it's a blog hop day for PMS. And it's a release month, so that makes the blog hop even more exciting PLUS there is a release party tonight in the PMS forum!
It's going to be a goooood day and i'm so glad that I don't have any other plans (well, other than working on getting all the new releases ready for the website purchasing!!!!)

Now if you are following along in the hop, you should have come here from kristie's blog. If you are a subscriber, you really should start from the beginning of the hop over at the PMS blog because i don't want you missing out on a thing!

And before i get to my card, I have to mention the PMS digi Makeover challenge just 1 more time since i'm also a team member for the challenge group! The challenge is...
Which basically just means that we want to see another shape other than a square (or even rectangle) on your card or project!

I followed suit with my blog hop creation for you...

I used a sentiment from the digi version of the new set Handmade. As with all of the stamps this month, Handmade will be released in both rubber and digital format.
Since I used the digi version for this project, I had the luxury of enlarging the sentiment. The rubber version measures about 2 inches wide, while my version I used today is just over 3 inches wide.

With the Holidays coming up and many crafters still on a budget (or just loving to create special, meaningful and personalized gifts) this set is going to be a MUST have set! You can check out the PMS post from yesterday to get a sneak peek until tonight of all this set has in store for you!
It covers just about everything from the more generalized Handcrafted Just for You to the specific Hand Stitched For You By to the witty Repackeaged with Flair and Made by a Mad crafter after midnight... this set definitely covered the crafting basics. It also includes a few fun images you can use to layer or on their own.

Now if you want to make a project similar to mine... it's SUPER easy. Everyone who follows my blog knows i'm pretty much obsessed with anything beauty related. I am a makeup artist by trade, but I have always been absolutely addicted to bath and beauty projects. And this includes making them myself. Now I don't go too crazy making them, but there are lots of quick and easy methods to created soaps and bath products and the best thing is that you can easily personalize the scents to the gift recipient. I buy the majority of my soap making supplies from Brambleberry.com You can get empty bottles to kits with everything included. You can also get soap bases that you can then use to add your own fragrances and oils to cater to the gift recipient without messing with all the different things to make sure that the soap still works and does what it's supposed to as SOAP! It's so fun and EASY! And bonus, this is a great project to do with kids! So kiddos can make their own gifts for teachers, grandma, aunties, etc.

OK... now that I've made you all want to go out and buy soap making supplies instead of stamps (ah well, it's all in the love of crafting, right?!) it's time for you to hop along to the next on the list which is.... Anita Hovey!

But just to make sure that you haven't gotten lost in your hopping... here's a refresher list to keep you on track!






Have fun hopping!!!

12 comments:

Jennifer Scull Monday, November 07, 2011  

what a fantastic idea and project! my hubby wants me start making handmade soap, so I'm going to check out your link and see what they might have as far as info goes.... I plan to use a lot of your images for tags, etc. for gift packaging for the holidays, as they are PERFECT! :)

Ginny Monday, November 07, 2011  

Love what a great gift set this makes!

Carma Monday, November 07, 2011  

Pretty tag! I love the velvet rickrack ribbon too!

Unknown Monday, November 07, 2011  

This is a great idea Katie! Love the handmade set!

Jenn

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Monday, November 07, 2011  

oh what a nice gift Katie! Love it and thanks for that link. i will check it out!

Jackie Monday, November 07, 2011  

This is fabulous and would make an amazing Christmas present! Too cute!

Unknown Monday, November 07, 2011  

Oh I love that gift set! And I am ALWAYS a fan of pink!

mitz Monday, November 07, 2011  

..as they say.. ** pretty in pink ** such a great job you did
mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

Jami Monday, November 07, 2011  

What a fun gift set!! Love all that pink!

Adrienne Monday, November 07, 2011  

OooooOO! I would love to be the recipient of this gift! Nice work

Unknown Monday, November 07, 2011  

Lovely little prezzie you've created!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, November 08, 2011  

So cute and great idea...

Ivette

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP