My Time Made Easy: March Release Preview

>> Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well, Lauren has done it yet again with another fabulous release set to go live March 1st from My Time Made Easy! This month there are 2 new stamp sets, 2 new templates, new pretty impressions printable paper and a slew of wonderful cut files!

Here is my preview project for you....

I used the new template What's Your Angle. This template is really a great template because there are really endless possibilities of how you could dress it up, there is a LOT of room inside for you to put things in and then the bottom line, it isnt "just a box". It's so interesting and fun to look at, and it really did come together in a snap.

To complete this gift set, I used a few different stamp sets. First I used a tried and true favorite, Fanciful Flourishes. I've used this set time and time again. It's probably my most used of all the MTME stamp sets. After cutting the decorative panels of the What's Your Angle template, i stamped one of the flourishes all over each panel and sponged the edges. Knowing that I would be adding the cup from the Fancy a Cuppa stamp set, I used the same swirl on the front panel of the template to create a steam swirl. Note also on the mug, which s a solid image, i inked the stamp up and then stamped the uninked swirl stamp onto the solid stamp. For those who may not have heard of this technique before, it is called stamp kissing. It gave the same swirl pattern into the solid image of the cup. :D

And now to the "message" and reasoning for my template...

The sentiments on my template are from of the the new stamp releases this month called Keep Strong. I am totally in love with this set from the quotes and sentiments in the set to the fonts used to the size of all the stamps. Totally in love!

Also to note, I used one of the new cut files, Cornice Trimmed Ovals (also being released in rectangles, circles and squares!) to frame my sentiments on the template and my card.

My idea for this gift is to give someone that little boost of motivation to keep on going. Whether it's because of work or something else... sometimes we just need that little bit of extra confidence

that annnnnd....

Coffee, chocolate and a nice hot bath!


These are the contents inside the template (well, there is more of each inside!)
Recently I have discovered the Folgers Coffee Singles. While I do love my keurig, this is another fabulous solution to the single cup of coffee! They look like a tea bag, but it's a cup of coffee. The bigger bonus, this is something you can give to anyone and they dont have to have a certain type of coffee machine. The coffee is delightful and it's a true cup of coffee. It's not "instant coffee". The emergency chocolate was a gem of a find because 1, it's hilarious, 2 its a great gift, and 3 its a good size chocolate and 4 it's darn yummy (i had to try one already). I picked it up at target. :D And then last but not least is the bath fizzy you can get in delightful scents and they are so cute from Pier One Imports!

One last photo for you of my card...
I wanted to make sure my card matched my gift set of course. I mean, it isnt a SET without it matching right?! I took a piece of kraft cardstock as my card stock and stamped all around the edge just like i did with the decorative panels on the template.

I used one of the little mugs from the Fancy a Cuppa stamp set and stamp across the bottom with the Because I Care sentiment from the Keep Strong stamp set.

Whew... long post. ;)

But you know you want to see more right? Well check out Lauren's blog and Lisa's blog for more wonderful previews of this awesome release from My Time Made Easy!!!


6 comments:

Renkata Sunday, February 27, 2011  

Such a great idea, Very cool project!

Monique Sunday, February 27, 2011  

Hi Katie.. What a great gift set... Love these colors. The flourish stamp is so pretty and shows off the angles.. Emergency chocolate bar!!!.. I need a stash of those lol :)

Lisa Kind Sunday, February 27, 2011  

Love your gift set! My fav? The emergency chocolate! LOL!! How funny (and practical) is that? I should buy some and hide them around the house! Love the kissing on the cup...love that technique! I'm going to buy those coffee bags for my mom who likes a cup but doesn't want to make a pot! Great gift idea!

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 27, 2011  

I LOVE this!!! So clever and just too cute! Awesome idea, missy :)

AKiteFlier Sunday, February 27, 2011  

Oooh Katie what a great combo - love the colors you chose and the contents - well now how can you beat that comb?!? Well done! Great gift set.

Debbie Wednesday, March 02, 2011  

Wonderful gift set ... what goes better together than coffee and chocolate, right??!!?? Just FAB :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP