Cardabilities Sketch Challenge

>> Monday, February 28, 2011

Today Paper Makeup Stamps is sponsoring the Cardablities Sketch Challenge Blog.
I absolutely love sketches... maybe it's because i can never seem to come up with any new card designs on my own! Haha! Sketches are so much fun because they really make you think outside of your norm. Sometimes I take them literally, and sometimes loosely. This time was more literal than loose. hehe. Here is my card...

The sketch to the left is the sketch provided for the challenge. I decided to use one of the Moody Girls because i knew she would be fairly easy to cut out. Once i did cut her out, I realized she lost many of the stars around her. So i decided to also stamp her on the white card sock before all the layers and then pop up the cut out image on top. It worked out well because the scalloped ribbon at the bottom of my card is THICK! No pop up needed down there! haha!



Other than that, my card came together pretty simply.
Here is a close up of the Moody for Music image.
I colored her with a slew of Copic Markers. I wanted to keep her a little punky, so i opted to color her hair purple. It's not the first time ive colored a moody girl's hair purple. Maybe it's because i'd secretly love to have purple hair myself. haha! To achieve the copic purple hair, i used V09, V04 and V01. Blue used for her dress were B16, B14, B12, B01, Pinks were RV25, RV23, RV10. Skin E00, E21 with some R30 for her cheeks. Stars were Y38, Y35, and Y32.

My hexagon shapes were from an old (i think retired now) punch from Creative Memories and the sentiment is a sentiment single from Paper Makeup Stamps you can find here.

So thats what i have for ya! Be sure to check out the PMS blog for more sketch card samples from some of the Paper Makeup Stamps design team as well as the Cardablities Sketch Challenge Blog to enter your card! There is a $15 gift certificate to the PMS site up for grabs!

3 comments:

Randee E Monday, February 28, 2011  

Awesome! She definitely rocks :0)

Carma Monday, February 28, 2011  

I love her purple hair!! ;)

Unknown Wednesday, March 02, 2011  

LOVE it! Fabulous colors...so bright & cheery!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP