>> Sunday, June 22, 2008




A good friend of mine is due any day with her second little girl! I'm so excited for her and plan to fully spoil her rotten now that i know i'm having 2 boys! Or at least i can do crafty pink girly things for her. This card i made so i can be prepared for the day she says she's here! Since my in-laws will be in town (my mil loves crafting so i'm sure i'll be very busy going to every craft store we have - she has none where she lives in canada) and my birthday is THURSDAY! i'm afraid i wont get the time to make a good card for her, so i planned ahead! WOOHOO for planning ahead!!

So here she is... Baby Buttercup by stamping bella. She is colored with Copic Markers (i even colored her ahead of time while we were CAMPING last weekend). I finally broke out my nestabilities dies and cut out little baby buttercup. Her edges are inked and then i raised her with pop dots. I always like the look of alot of dimension on cards but then next do much about it so my goal this time was to have lots of "levels" :)
I also used my fabulous Swiss Dots cuddlebug folder and finally broke out my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch. Oh how i love this punch! It's whimsical and elegant at the same time and it punched thru my cardstock like buttah! To make this punch pop out, i folded up the wings and added some cinnamon stickles to the center to make the butterfly's body. I also embossed the cardstock with the swiss dots before punching.

Sentiment is from Essential Sentiments by My Favorite Things. I used the word window punch to punch it out. FYI - every stamp in the essential sentiments stamp set works perfectly with the word window punch by Stampin Up.

Any other questions... please feel free to comment or email!

Thanks for looking!!!!!

7 comments:

Janneke Monday, June 23, 2008  

You made a pretty card :D

Amy Yang Monday, June 23, 2008  

What a beautiful card. I have been wanting something to make butterflies with like crazy lately. I'll have to go check out the particular punch since it comes recommended :)

Anonymous,  Monday, June 23, 2008  

Beautious card! I've resisted that image, but what a fantastic use for it! and love the addition of the butterflies! Queeniebella

Christi Flores Monday, June 23, 2008  

This card is awesome!! So sweet!

One of the Girls Tuesday, June 24, 2008  

I love the swiss dots on the butterfly! You're so clever Miss Katie! See you soon! Mwah! Molly

stampingtink Tuesday, June 24, 2008  

Oh, I so love her! Beautiful job. Love your coloring!

Lynn Put Thursday, June 26, 2008  

Awww this is so sweet! Your coloring looks beautiful and I love how you added the butterfies all around the image!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP