Oh So Pretty!

>> Wednesday, May 28, 2008



Here's another bella! This one was actually for a swap and i can NOT take credit for the idea of putting her pretty reflection in the mirror. I saw it on Lauren M's blog (as she is one of my absolute favorite designers... i like to copy her alot... teehee).

She made her card flawlessly and i shamelessly took the idea and used it on my cards for the Anytime Bella Card Swap in the bellaholics group. The paper piecing is super easy... but i did take some pictures along the way for anyone who may like to try it out...


First i stamped OhSoPrettyBella onto plain white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers. Then I cut out her mirror using a craft knife. Next i stamped the bella again on another piece of cardstock but you can notice i didnt even ink her up all the way. I then just colored in her face and hair and then positioned her the way i wanted (i did a little angle) in the oval cutout. Then trim off any of the excess paper underneath that will be seen and viola - you've got a bella reflection.

The rest of my card is Close to My Heart printed paper (from the Life Delights collection) the top piece i scalloped using my corner rounder, scraps of DCWV cardstock in a lilac color, misc bling and then the sentiment is my new favorite sentiment (obviously) from Verve Visual Stars stamp set

OOOOH and i almost forgot (because it's hard to see in the photo) but i used the copic spica pen in clear as well as some stardust glitter pens to add lots of sparkle to ms bella herself. :)

14 comments:

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas Wednesday, May 28, 2008  

You did an awesome job, Laurens is one of my favs too..you did her proud. I saw her version awhile ago too. Awesome job!!!Chris

Debby Wednesday, May 28, 2008  

I love it! You did an awesome job. I need to try that.

Theresa Wednesday, May 28, 2008  

that is really cool...thanks for giving the mini tutorial on how to do it. i will def. be trying it

Kim Wednesday, May 28, 2008  

Katie, she's beautiful and you are great at tutorials. Wonderful job! Mwah, sis Kim

Krystinah Wednesday, May 28, 2008  

You did a great job & I love the colors you used to color her...Thanks for sharing how to make her...I might need to try that...TFS...Beautiful card...Kristina

stampingtink Thursday, May 29, 2008  

What a great job! Love the mirror image! She is just one of my favorites. Reminds me of my youngest daughter! And I love the bling and glitz. Can never have too much sparkles if you ask me.

Kim Thursday, May 29, 2008  

That turned out beautiful! I saw Lauren's version too and want to play with that! Only thing is I need Ohsoprettybella first! hee hee!

Have a BELLARIFIC Day!

Hugs~
Kim

Coleen Verner Thursday, May 29, 2008  

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know how to do this trick! Love it!

Anna Thursday, May 29, 2008  

Great card! The coloring is wonderful!

Christi Flores Thursday, May 29, 2008  

I loved Lauren's card (I'm a HUGE fan too) and you did an awesome job with it!

LeAnne Thursday, May 29, 2008  

Katie is right, the pics do not do her justice, they are much better in person. I am so glad she made these for my swap...and I absolutely love that sentiment.

Awesome job Katie!

Berry Thursday, May 29, 2008  

I LOVEEE HER I WANTED TO TRY TO MAKE HER TOO BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS ALOT MORE DIFFICULT BUT YOU MADE IT LOOK REALLY EASY LOVEEEESSSSS IT
KATIE I HAVE PAID YOU TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THEM THANKSSSS OH DID YOU GET THE DOG AND THE CAT I LOVE THOSEEE

Lynn Put Friday, May 30, 2008  

This is such a pretty Bella card! I did see this on Laurens blog, but I love your take on it!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP