Copic Creations Challenge with Whimsy Stamps

>> Wednesday, December 1, 2010


Scroll down if you are looking for my My Time Made Easy blog hop post!

Today is another day for the Copic Creations Challenge team and this time we are challenging you to focus on your light source!

Light source to me is something very important with coloring! The trickest part is to remember that your light is coming from the same spot so if you have multiple images in your stamp image, it might he to the right corner on one image and right above for another. Keeping continuity with your light source really helps to make an image come to life!

Here's my project for you (using a Whimsy Stamps digital image!)


Now i will apologize for not turning my image into an adorable card like all my fabby design team friends did (their cards all amaze me!) but with the ickies i've had, i decided to just focus on the image! The most fun, was that i printed the image much larger than would fit on a card and made myself my first Christmas decoration of the year! Since I havent felt up to decorating the house just yet - this is also the first decoration i've even put up (for the photo... and i'm not taking it down!)

I decided to have my light source come from the upper left corner. I've had many of my students ask me, how in the world do you determine where the light source is coming from?!
I take my cues from the little details the illustrator has left. Notice on the center snowman's hat? There are lines along the sides, but not just there at the top. So i'm letting that be the lightest part of his hat, and if the light is going to hit there, i need to make sure the other snowmen follow suit. it may help you to place an object (that you wont move!) at the point you determine is your light source. Just make sure not to move your image either!

I didnt have any sentiments from Whimsy Stamps, so i used a PMS sentiment from the Snow Happy set. It's appropriate, no?

Now if you havent already been to the copic creations blog... you need to go go go! Lots of beautiful samples and details on how to enter in our contest and win prizes!

Good Luck!



9 comments:

Tracey Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

This is fabulous Katie!! An adorable image and the perfect sentiment!! Hope you are feeling better! xx

mycardz Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

Awww, I'm sorry you've been unwell! Tis the season it seems! But, wowza, what an awesome first decoration! I love this image and you colored it PERFECTLY, as always. Just adorable. Hope you're better soon. big hugz, Mary

Danni Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

Feel better! super cute decoration!!

Lisa Kind Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

This is totally adorable! What a great idea to make it into a decoration! Beautiful coloring and great advice!

Jami Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

So so so cute!! and that sentiment is perfect with them. what a great decoration. I hope you feel better soon!!

Carma Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

Sooo cute. You know I love snowmen!!

Suzanne J Dean Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

Well this is so fabulous it doesn't need a card base Katie--it's stand out fantastic! I'm a sucker for snowmen too (shhhh don't tell hubby cuz' he's jealous, lol)! Beautifully done and sure hope you feel better real soon!

hugz,
Suzanne

Heather Friday, December 03, 2010  

Just so adorable Katie, fabulous colouring and highlighting and a brilliant idea to naje a decoration rather than a card!!
hugs Heather xx

RoseC Saturday, December 11, 2010  

This image is too cute and you've filled it beautifully with your choice of Copic colors.

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP