PMS Digi Makeover Challenge, Monochromatic

>> Monday, July 9, 2012

Anyone who knows me, or has followed my blog for a bit knows that i absolutely LOVE monochromatic!  So when the challenge leader, Michelle Van Patten, issued the challenge to use monochromatic colors so way on our cards for this weeks challenge, i was THRILLED!
You can see more monochromatic-ness i've done by clicking on the label monochromatic.

And here is my card for today...


I used a new to digi (but one of the first fairy images for rubber) Emma.
And since i was using her in a digi form, I decided to enlarge her a bit, but then cut off her legs so that the image was a little more about her sunny disposition on her face.  Though i really love her little rain boots so it was a bit painful to not include them.  haha!
I also used the sentiment, a cloudy day.

The image was colored with the topic marker cool greys and then the rain and wings were drawn over with a glitter pen.  How could you not smile if you lived in a world where it rain glitter! (please refrain now from breaking into the Ke$ha song in your head like i just did... and if you did, i apologize!)

Now be sure to go on over and check out the company blog to see samples from the challenge team!

5 comments:

Anne Temple Monday, July 09, 2012  

So cute! Love how you only used a portion of the image.

Sarah Monday, July 09, 2012  

Great card, goes perfect with the sentiment!

Eret Tuesday, July 10, 2012  

If there wasn't this beige on your photo I'd think that you've made it b&w digitally :) It's so good.
Hugs, Eret

Michelle VP Saturday, July 14, 2012  

My first monochromatic colored images were inspired by your work, Katie! I remember watching a video tutorial you posted and practicing. :) One of my favorite things to do now - love Emma's look in neutral tones and her glitter rain on this card! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP