Jen's Sunshine, a charity stamp for my friend

>> Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Today, Paper Makeup Stamps is releasing a charity digi stamp set for one of our design team members.  Before I simply type the same post all over again, I will direct you to the PMS company blog.

Did you read it?  Jen has been such a sweet sweet team member and fan of PMS before she ever was a team member.  I was heartbroken when I learned the news of her breast cancer.  Not heart broken for myself, but heart broken for her and her family.  As she continues treatment, I know that the financial struggle must be, well, a struggle!  I really hope that you take a moment to check out the new digi stamp set.  ALL proceeds will be going directly to Jen and her family.

Here is my first card made with this set...

When I first asked Diem if she would illustrate a matching sunshine to the Jen Fairy, i didnt realize it would be the CAHUTE!  I love love love this sunshine.  it lights up my face!
I do want to give a shout out to Måns Grebäck who gave me a pretty good deal on a font bundle since there were too many of his awesome fonts for me to purchase each one separately.  You ROCK, Måns!

I printed the sunshine out on Copic XPress It cardstock and colored with Copic markers (Specifically, Y13, Y15, Y19, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR02) and then cut it out.  I layered papers from American Crafts (ones from the PMS Will to Daydream kit!) and used some ribbon by Stampin' Up.

Now please please please go leave JEN some love and buy this super fun set!

5 comments:

Anne Temple Tuesday, July 24, 2012  

You did a fantastic job on this! Love that sunshine face too. Such a wonderful thing you're doing for Jen!

Tracey Tuesday, July 24, 2012  

This is fabulous Katie! Such a fun and bright card!!

Jennifer Scull Tuesday, July 24, 2012  

oh Katie, I don't know how to put all of my feelings into this comment post, but you have so touched my family by what you are doing for us. thank you so very very much.

your card is precious! love the bit of ribbon. this entire set just makes me SMILE! :)

Michelle VP Wednesday, July 25, 2012  

I love Diem's illustrations - this sun is just perfect for Jen's fairy and you've shaded it so perfectly! {happy sigh} Thank you for putting motion to our ideas so quickly - I totally love how this set turned out! :)

Lou Sims Sunday, July 29, 2012  

Fab card and that sentiment is brilliant. It would make a great motto at school.

Lou
x

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP