Super QUICK gift with My Time Made Easy!

>> Saturday, January 9, 2010



Ok, so i'm bringing you another My Time Made Easy project... this one i didnt plan to make. I had no big ideas of what i wanted to do. This time... this was the true reason that these templates are absolutely FABULOUS! I was invited to a lunch play date. 3 hours before the lunch play date. I dropped my 3 year old off at preschool and one of the other moms said her son had been asking if my son could come over and play afterschool all week. Jack (thats my son) had a hard time readjusting to school this week, was missing his dad and I at school, so i thought this would be great for him! So by the time he was dropped off, and I got back home and everything, i had about 2.5 hours before it would be time to leave to pick him up from school (and head straight to this playdate) Now this is plenty of time to work a project, unless you are a normal mom with a million things you are supposed to be doing while kiddos are at school (and keep in mine i still have my 16 month at home with me!). So i was good, and instead of working on a gift, i packed the stamp orders i needed to get out, put in a load of laundry, and swapped out clean dishes for dirty ones in the dishwasher. Now it was 11:15.... um, I need to be AT jack's school by 12 to pick him up, and I have yet to change the baby into normal daytime clothes. CRAAAAAAAAP!

11:15
So i quickly went to my pantry..... fabulous i had a package of Pumpkin with cranberries Scone Mix (just add 1 cup of water.... ahhhhh, the simplicity!). So i preheat the oven, get a nice big mixing bowl, cookie tray, my 1 cup of water and the mix and a spoon.

It's now 11:20.
I can DO this! I mix it up, put the spoonfuls of scone goop on the cookie tray and pop it into the oven. Meanwhile juggling baby on my hip so he doesnt try to get INTO the oven!

Now it's 11:25!
I bolt upstairs, unplug my printer and reconnect the cables to my cricut (i really just need to get a new cable... better yet, i need to get the WIRELESS cables! Ok, getting off track, i get the cricut set up, open up my sure cuts a lot program and then open up the Shutt-erfly and size it to fit on my mat (i always need to adjust it because it opens up slightly larger, it's SUPER easy, go to Object in the toolbar, then Transform, Scale and then percentage. Then just make sure both your proportions are the same precentage or click keep proportions. I usually do about 85% for the shutterfly. It keeps it on my 12x12 mat, but makes it the largest it can be!)
I then added in the shutterfly accents (they come with the template!) in a new page. Go to Object, then "break apart" and click on just one of them (which ever size you want. Click copy, go to your other page, and click paste. Then move your butterfly where you want it on the template. Phew! Then i clicked cut and let it go to work while i ran downstairs to check on the scones. Almost ready, not quite! Run back upstairs, switch out the cut template to a new sheet of cardstock for the other 2 sides. And then... it doesnt cut. I turned it off, turned it on. Still nothing. I'm losing valuable time here! Then i realize, the baby unconnected my cords. Lovely. So i get that fixed, and get the other paper cutting. In the meantime, i scored my first cut out, grab my All A Flutter stamp set, some brown ink, an acrylic block, some ribbon, an a scrap of acetate, scortape and scissors. I peel the 2nd paper off the cricut mat, quickly score it, grab the other paper already cut, grab the baby, and the puppy (who has now made her way upstairs even though thats a no no) and somehow manage to bring everything downstairs. My buzzer is going off!

11:37
The scones are DONE! They look scrumptious! The baby is in a panic attack for one. But they are too hot. So i get him a drink so he'll shut it (i did not type that). I then line up my 2 cut papers so as i hap hazardly stamp some butterflies on the cardstock, they'll flow from one side to the next so you dont see the where 1 piece of cardstock starts and the other ends!

11:40
It looks simple but it looks pretty! Now i realized when i had the 2 sheets laid out that my window cut outs where on the large side, so you are going to be able to see the tabbed panels that hold it together! WOOPS!

So i just quickly traced a line and cut those out so you wouldnt see them. :)

I tape the sheets of acetate to the inside of where there is a window cut out. Then add the score tape to the tabbed sides, fold it all up stack the scones inside and fold the box up together! I tied the ribbon up and around the box to secure it and bada bing bada boom, i had an über cute gift to take with me! And it's 11:45! SHoot... i need to take PICTURES otherwise i cant show you! So i run upstairs, grab the camera, take some of the fastest pictures i've ever taken in my life (sorry they arent better! but now you know WHY!) And my phone starts beeping that it's 10 til noon which is my alarm so i'm not late to pick up my kiddo. Please remember i STILL havent changed the baby so i did that turbo style and still made it to the school.
Here are my not awesome but good enough pictures...





This day.... i felt like SUPER MOM! :)

16 comments:

terriavidreader (IN-USA) Saturday, January 09, 2010  

You go Girl!! Fantastic. Me, I would have just said it can wait another day!

Tracey Saturday, January 09, 2010  

Okay, I am exhausted just reading this post!! You are most definitely Super Mom!! What an adorable gift to take! You rock!! xx

Canda Saturday, January 09, 2010  

You are super mom! This is a great example of how fast these templates can come together.I'll never deliver cookies in a ziplock bag again:)

Tina Saturday, January 09, 2010  

I knew you were super woman, you need a cape!!
Gorgeous way to box up some treats.

Catherine Couch Doucette Saturday, January 09, 2010  

HA! That sounds like my day :0) And you are super mom!!

Shaela Saturday, January 09, 2010  

Wow, you go girl! (and by the way, you almost made me pee my pants when you said "so the baby would shut it (I did not type that)" I was laughing SO HARD!!! lol

Unknown Saturday, January 09, 2010  

you ARE SUPERMOM girl! And such a cute project to boot. I totally LOL'd at the "so he would shut it" comment -- :) I think I need to go lie down now though - your story made me tired!

angelafsprouse Sunday, January 10, 2010  

"Shut it" {this makes me giggle :)} ... great post! Really shows how valuable those templates are!

Christine Arthars Sunday, January 10, 2010  

Fantastic tutorial follewed it up to break apart very excited about this and in my objects no where dose it say break apart boo hoo
Can anyone tell me how to do this I have just purchaced the Sure Cuts alot so am a newbie
Thanks Chris from very hot Australia 43c today Whew

Mona Pendleton Sunday, January 10, 2010  

Katie, what a Scrumptious looking treat box & treats!

Lisa Kind Monday, January 11, 2010  

We need a "Super Mom" fairy so I can make you a card! You are awesome! This is really amazing for such a short period of time!

Anonymous,  Monday, January 11, 2010  

It makes all of us MOMS feel good to hear such honesty. (there is probably not one of us that has not thought, or said those words..."shut it") I know that was not the whole point of the post but It just gave us all such a clear picture of how in such chaos we can find the time to do something special!

Judy McMullen Monday, January 11, 2010  

YOU ARE SUPER MOM! WOW! I am impressed and exhausted just reading about your day!! Absolutely outstanding project!!!

Kerry Monday, January 11, 2010  

I need a lie down after that!! Fantastic job Super Mom :D

Bee's Zen Garden Tuesday, January 12, 2010  

LOL! That the joys of multitasking! And then at the end of the day we wonder why we're tired!... ;-) Your little story cracked me up, I could totally picture you! I love your "finished product" (well productS cause the scones look pretty darn good to me too!). And you definitely earned the badge for Super Mom on that day!

Alex Wednesday, January 20, 2010  

WOW: Love your minute by minute account of how you made the scones and box in time to pick up your son from school.

The scones look scrummy and the box they're in is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP