Makeup 4 the weekend Challenge

>> Friday, January 15, 2010


Ok, can I just say that i am TI_RED! I'm typing up this post at near 1 am because i didnt make my challenge card until AFTER the PMS release party! What was i thinking?!

This week's Makeup Artist Challenger was Tina Hale! Now i know i dont always get the chance to participate in the makeup 4 the weekend challenges, but her challenge was to make anything birthday because her birthday is coming up in just a few days!!!!

(by the way, tina is the sweetest thing over, i got the sweetest gift from her today in the mail! i'll post it in a coupla days when i get a picture of it!)

SO not only did i want to make a card in honor of sweet tina's birthday... but we just released so many fun birthday images and sentiments last night... how could i resist playing?!

Here is my card using Bobo the Clown Fairy!



Ok, i'll be honest here... i had NO idea where i was going with this layout? Other than the fact that i was too tired to get up and was using random scraps of paper (hence the circle with the scallop that had been cut out of it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
But once it all started to come together i thought it was kinda fun!

I also decided to play a little with my copics and color in a way that is entirely not the way i color. Um, i think i'll go back to my standard way, but it was fun to go outside of the box for a little bit. :)

Here are some detail shots for you...




I also for i think the first time ever, did the inside of my card! Not just stamped the inside, i've done that silly! But i actually layered some paper, made it match the front sort of thing. Also using random scraps, but hey, that seemed to be the route i took for the front, so whatever!


and now for....



Stamps: Paper Makeup Stamps
Coloring with copics
Colors Used in balloons: R20, B00, B12, V12, G24, Y18, YR12, BG13, R24
Clown Colors: R24, R27, B00, B12, B14, Y15, YR04, G12

Papers:
All random (and i do mean random) scraps!

Tools and Accessories
Cuttlebug folders swiss dot and circles and spots
Pumpkin Pie ribbon from SU
Bling from Studio G

Thanks for stopping by today!

Dont forget to check out the PMS blog for more details about this challenge and to link up your card. If you are able to play along and upload to a public gallery, please use the tags Paper Makeup Stamps, and M4TW12

Also check out my fellow Makeup Artists to see their challenge cards...

11 comments:

Christi Friday, January 15, 2010  

Girl, I wish that I could be this creative late at night. This is fantastic! I esp. love the way that you created the translucent look of the balloons! smiles...

Tina Friday, January 15, 2010  

Holy moses! This is adorable; those balloons are magnificent!

Melyssa Friday, January 15, 2010  

OK Katie I think your gonna have to do some colouring lessons like your makeup tutorials!!!
The balloons look so real the way you show the transparency of them.

Anonymous,  Friday, January 15, 2010  

You are gonna have to spill your secret on the balloons...they are adorable :)

Mona Pendleton Friday, January 15, 2010  

What a fun, colorful card Katie :) My husband calls me & my stepchildren "a bunch of clowns!" :)

Michelle Friday, January 15, 2010  

AWESOME card!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the clown fairy and those balloons - how in the world did you get them to look like that?! AMAZING!!!

jimlynn Friday, January 15, 2010  

Precious card (and image). Love the bright colors. Just great.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions Friday, January 15, 2010  

WOW - For not having a real plan for the card I think it came out TERRIFIC! Love the coloring on your clown and balloons and I really like that you added the circle w/ the scallop cut out!!
Thanks for visiting my blog too :)
Maria

Louise F NZ Friday, January 15, 2010  

Love the bright colours and cute image. Great card and gorgeous colouring.

dawnmercedes Friday, January 15, 2010  

wow...what a great way to use that really "odd" scrap of paper!

Turnedgypsy Saturday, January 16, 2010  

i can not wait to start my stamp collection. these projects are beautiful.

it might be awhile, since i am new here, i have no idea which ones to start with.

the stamp i win will help me decide which ones to start my collection

chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP