Still Stampin' Out Alzheimer's with my first Hybrid Card!

>> Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'm so proud of myself! I made a Hybrid card!!!! I have never done this and until recently didnt know what it even meant to make something "hybrid". I thought going "hybrid" was a type of car! (well it is, but this is different.

The word Hybrid in the crafting world is combining digi crafting with papercrafting. I downloaded this FREE digi kit design by Libby Weifenbach (she designs for SweetShoppeDesigns and OMG, this kit is toooooo cute! I've never digi scrapped either, but i've recently been looking at digi scrapping kits since i've been wanted to get into creating blog backgrounds, etc and i have the photoshop knowledge, so why not?!

Here's an overview of the kit of downloaded


Isnt it just so stinkin' cute! Me likey it a lot. Did i mention it was FREE?? Well it is! To all Stampin Out Alzheimer's members! Which is also free (with a suggested donation for $5).

The nice thing about hybrid crafting, is you never have to hoard that beautiful sheet of paper because what if you neeeeeed it for another project. Um, just print it again? And the other bonus to me was i worked out what i thought i would need for the card (what, planning ahead?!) and then i just printed THAT. SO i knew i wanted a 3.5 x4.5 piece of the blue polka dot paper (you'll see my card in just a second..) so thats all i printed of the blue polka dot paper. Brilliant. No waste!

Ok, here's my card...



I'm very pleased with how the card turned out. Maybe it's because i had the plan ahead of time since i was printing everything i'd need? Maybe the kit is just so cute that anything would look good? I dont know, but i really am pleased with the turn out of my first "hybrid" card. :)

I printed everything out on Neenah cardstock. I might have been able to get away with GP or even regular printer paper, but i wanted it to look really nice, so i used the neenah. I'm so addicted to that stuff! So white.... so smooooooooth. Ahhhhhhhh.

Everything on my card is part of the kit except for the twine on my button. THe kit does come with stitching, and i could have layered that before printing so i wouldnt have to cut it out, but i didnt do that. So i printed out the button, and then punched it out (helpful tip, print it out the same size as one of your circle punches... i just plain got lucky on that one!) and then i punched the holes in the button so i could tie twine in it. I did put some liquid glass over it to give it that shiny button look.

And every single other element to this card is in the kit! The sentiment i put inside the labels one. Pretty nifty huh!




Stamps: Lily by Paper Makeup Stamps

Colored with COPICS - i was playing with slightly different coloring technique of always blending with a lighter shade. I like playing with different techniques. How can you find your favorite way of anything without trying out different ways to begin with?
Skin: E00, E31, R20 (cheeks and tongue)
Hair: E35, E37, blended with E33, clear spica
Shirt: R35, R37, blended with R32
Skirt: Y35, Y38, blended with Y32
Wings: B000, colorless blender, clear spica
Icecream: YG11, YG25, E57 (for the choc chips), E31 for the cone
Shoes: E33

Paper & Embellies:
Flip Flop Tan digi kit by Libby Weifenbach

Ok, well back to the SOA site for me i go! Too many challenges and too many great prizes to not play all day!!!! :)

10 comments:

Julia Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Cute! You did a great job for your first attempt at a hybrid card. I actually thought the button was a real button!

Tina Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Oh my word, this is toooo cute!

Tenia Nelson Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Super cute card!! tfs!!

Christine Riley Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Wow, what an amazing card! I love the papers. Great job!
Hugs, Christine :)

Carri D Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

KATIE!!! YOU ARE AN ENABLER!!!! LOL jk I love it, and will now have to try it.

Suzanne J Dean Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

How fun--just another hobby I can't find time to do, hee hee! Love the card & all the elements!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kelly Schelske Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Super job Katie, it looks awesome!

Heather Tuesday, May 26, 2009  

Your card turned out fabulous! I'm afraid of digi but I may have to try it out now. Great card!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP