Hop Hop Thursday!

>> Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hello! It's thursday again, and you know what that means!!! HIP HOP! If you're new to my blog and dont know what hip hop is... you can check out all the deets here on Unity's forum.

For my first post today (with any luck, yes there will be more!), i'm posting my card from Unity's Wednesday Challenge. Cyndi chose our challenge this month. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month she picked a "HOPE" challenge.
So we had to think PINK and use these HOPE elements on our creation:
H…Use a sentiment having to do with Hope
O…Put some ribbon on your card - Think Pink
P…Use something Pink!!
E…Embellish with something that starts with an "m" for Mammogram

Here's my card... I took the breast cancer awareness theme a bit literally!



I was please with how it turned out. I really wanted to do some stitching, but when i started using my machine, it completely blitzed out! No joke. The thread is so tangled inside around the bobbin cartridge that i fear it's just unusable! I really hope my mom does come in november now so she can take a peekie and maybe help me fix it (no mom, that's not the only reason i want you to come!!!). But even without the stiching around each layer, i think it's a pretty card. I couldnt get a good picture to save my life though! I tried 3 different rooms in my house and outside! No matter what i did i could capture the pretty but small details of the card. So sad am I. Anyhoo - I used Unity's WISH STICKS and stamped them with versamark ink. Then i colored over them with chalk. By the way, this is one of my fav techniques! The outcome is always so soft and pretty. It created a great background image or focal image! Maybe i just like it because my big tray of chalks looks like a huge eyeshadow palette! Today (and usually) i used shimmery chalks by Pebbles Inc. I actually used 2 colors of pink, though thats hard to see. I just used a dab of a darker pink in the center of each wish stick to give a little more dimension. You also cant see the shimmer in the picture. Then i covered the ends of each fluff with glue using Creative Memories Precision Point Adhesive (any glue pen would work) and applied PINK fun flock! Oh it just turned out so fun. I'm not sure if you can see the "fluff" in the picture, but in person you just have to touch it! :)
For something with the letter M the only thing i could come up with was metal or making memories. And then i though, AHA, i have metal embellishments BY Making Memories! So i looked thru the stash and low and behold... i had a metal ribbon slider with the word HOPE on it. Perfect! This challenge was just made for my unused stash! Originally i had stamped a sentiment that was pretty but not as "hope" related as i wanted it to be. I was just using the wishsticks for my "hope" inspiration. The sentiment i had punched out in a oval shape was was going to lay across the pink awareness ribbon. it was pretty too, but not as perfect as this. :)
I think the rest of the card explains itself. But here are color and paper deets:
Cardstock: Base is Regal Rose by SU, mat is Blush by CTMH, White is White Daisy by CTMH
Ribbon is Regal Rose by SU

Thanks for stopping by! Jack has his Halloween party today at school that Gabe and I are going to go to. But after thats over, i'm really hoppinh to hip hop and with any other luck, do the other challenges for Hip Hop. But seeing that Jack will be hopped up on sugar from the party, i'll be lucky to get to chat online. That is until his sugar crash that is bound to happen later in the day. :) HIP HOP!

3 comments:

Unknown Thursday, October 30, 2008  

Girl, you rocked this card! I don't know how you do it all with a toddler and a newborn and still have time to create and be online helping people with questions. I admire you cuz I was going nuts when my two girls were that age! Hey, I gave you an award on my blog cuz you're awesome! Have a wonderful productive day. Luv ya!

Christi Flores Thursday, October 30, 2008  

Wow girl! This is amazing! I love everything about it!!

Scrappymom Thursday, October 30, 2008  

I think your card is wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP