It's a PMS blog hop!

>> Wednesday, September 7, 2011



Today is the release day for Paper Makeup Stamps and we have LOTS of fun new rubber and digi stamps for you!!! If you are just coming by my blog, you'll want to start at the beginning to get all the details of the day! And you DEFINITELY want to do the blog hop so you can catch glimpses of all the fun stamps being released tonight at our Release Party!!!

First, before I forget (because it wouldnt be the first time) let's make sure you are on track. If you are going thru the hop, you should have come over from Andrea's awesome blog!
And before i get even more excited showing you my card, let me give you your letter for the discount code... the letter R. :D

And here is my card using the new Color it Autumn set!
I am actually the illustrator for this set! And I think I had as much fun stamping and coloring it as I did drawing it in the first place! I've always been a fan of sketchy/doodlie looking stamps, and I love to color things in so this set has been in my head for awhile. :D

The sentiment on my card is actually a previously released sentiment that you can find HERE.
The leaves I colored in with copics and they were FUN. So fun, i think i colored about 20 of them. Although the first time i stamped them on too small a piece of paper when i decided to make more of a cardfront. Then gabe decided to stamp some of his own after I completed my first card. *sigh* Soooo... then i got to working on my third and final version. :D
I used the following group of copics and just mixed it up with which ones i used on which leaves afterall, autumn leaves are a little bit random. :D

YR14, YR23, Y21, E27, E23, E21, YG95, YG91

And then i doodled around each of the leaves and the letters using a Sakura gelly roll pen in stardust. :D I love that thing!

I hope you are ready for Fall, because I am! I am sad to see summer go. I will miss our fun times at the pool and playing in the sun, but i do LOVE the fall so I am welcoming it with open arms!!!

Now onto your final stop in the hop today... the always fabulous, Ginger Schwerin!!!

12 comments:

dawnmercedes Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

Ooh, I love this sentiment and used it on one of my cards for later this week! It's perfect for the leaves, which look like they are actually FALLING!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

totally gorgeous card--totally my style! I love it, Katie! You really did a great job on this set. Possibly my favorite (with boris) from this release!

Randee E Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

Aack!! Gorgeous!! Love the simplicity of this card. Will definitely be using this layout (CASEing everything) :0). . .

Mary J Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

I LOVE this! Really fab colouring Katie!

Kristie W. Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

Awesome card! Can't wait to get this set :) I love how colorful the sentiment is too!

Carma Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

I've always loved your "doodling". I still do! :)

Jessica Wednesday, September 07, 2011  

LOVE it! i like the gelly roll!

Stampin_melissa Thursday, September 08, 2011  

What a lovely card! I can't tell, did you run the ribbon through the button separately or somehow with the same piece at the bottom?

Michelle VP Thursday, September 08, 2011  

Wonderful all the way around! Love the sketchy leaves and the sparkly doodling. :)

Michelle Friday, September 09, 2011  

Gorgeous! Once again I bow to your coloring skills. lol The leaves are perfect as a focal point or background. Great job on them.

LaJanette Friday, September 09, 2011  

Oh I love this card; love how those leaves are falling. Please tell me that you put some type of gloss on the leafs; if not then that only means one thing.....your coloring is way too awesome. It fooled my eyes and still kept me thinking.

Andrea Saturday, September 10, 2011  

Very sweet Katie! You did an awesome job illustrating this set (more please...maybe Christmas related?!). I love the sketchy look too!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP