Unity Candle Time

>> Sunday, December 27, 2009


Wow everyone! You sure do know how to make a gal feel loved!
Comments for my blog candy (right now as i type this at 10:53 sunday evening) are at 83!
Which means the candy pot is now valued at $200!!!!! Thats some serious stampin' loot!
And it's only the 27th! The entries can roll in thru January 1st and I'll pick a winner on the 2nd.

Well i hope everyone had a wonderful christmas! Our christmas morning was a lot of fun! Later in the day my 3 year old suddenly said he was "worned out" and asked me to hold him. Um, this is my 3 year old who never even naps (AND he had a 2 hour nap already!) and is usually bouncing off the walls! I picked him up and knew by that magic mama touch, that my boy was sick! I took his temp and it was 102.3. Poor little bugger never gets sick. He said his head hurt, but he just wanted to rest and watch tv... NOT sleep. He already took a nap he informed me! So the the rest of christmas was a bit of a blur continuing onto the next day. Funny how when they always bounce off the walls you wish they would chill and then when they are sick and cant it's all you want them to do! Today however, he was back to his "good" ol bouncing off the walls self. And i found myself again wishing he would just chill out! hahahaha!

So now that christmas is done and gifts are given, i can show you some of the projects i made for friends and family. Now not all my family check my blog, but some (particularly my mama!) so i have to be careful of what i show on here! Now i get to show it all without worry! Which is good because my current crafting is for some sneak peeks of the offical My Time Made Easy ™ release (which by the way you're gonna love!) so my blog would be bare if it werent for these gifts! But, i'm gonna have to spread them out a wee bit! teehee.


The gift i'm going to show you today, was one of the gift i made for my hubby. This is actually all he ever asks for as a christmas present (well, usually because he's already got plans on the big thing he wants and bought it already, in this case, a Wii!) but he just wants me to make him something. He truly is fascination by the world of handmade things and he particularly things the way we "origami paper into gifts" and "make boring stuff cool" is awesome. So my boring thing for him was a candle. He loves candles. There is always one burning in every room in our house. I have found the candles they sell at AC Moore for 3 bucks on a sale day, smell just as great as many more expensive kinds. Maybe not quite as potent as a yankee candle, but hey, at 3 bucks versus 24, i'll take it! And because my hubby is a bit of a no fuss kinda guy, i kept my altering simple. Just enough to show him i lub him.

Here is my altered candle...

I used a really cool "background" ish stamp from Unity Stamp Company called So & So loves. I've always really loved this stamp and hadnt used it in quite some time, so it was time to bust it out. It's quite large and would just about cover the entire cover of a card. This is one of those large candles! I colored the image with copic markers.


For the top of my jar, i used one of the stamps from the December Kit of the Month from Unity.
It was just the perfect topper to my pretty simple candle. Although i did want a wee bit something extra to it, so i colored in the words (it was stamped in rich cocoa memento ink, and then colored in with the same medium pink color copic i used on the image)

This is just a quick overview shot so you get the idea of what it all looks like together...

And one final picture that i had to go back and take because i hubby loved this part... go figure...

The ribbon i used as a slight and subtle extra element to the candle. That was his first comment. "this stuff is cool... what is it?" haha. It's a paper ribbon from Daisy Bucket. Very neat stuff, you can stamp on it, color it, curl it. Split/fray it. Color here is "latte" but it comes in a lot of different colors. I did add some buttons too it as well, but i decided it looked like to much so i pulled them off. Wonderful thing about glass! Very little is permanent!

So thats my gift for hubby. I love altering candles! Such a neat way to personalize a gift and you can do it lickty split!






Stamps:
From Unity Stamp Company, So & So loves and sentiment from the December kit of the month

Copics:
E31, E55, E57 for trees
R20, R22, R24 for hearts
B12, B14, Yr04 for the birdie
B000, B00, B01 for the sky

Paper
Neenah Solar White classic crest
Chocolate Chip Cardstock

Tools & Accessories
Spellbinders Classic Circles (Large)
Paper ribbon from Daisy Bucket
Red Line ("magic") tape - you need a VERY strong adhesive for the paper to stick on the slick glass surface. It wouldnt be a big deal if it wasnt curved. but since the glass is, it has the tendency to unstick. So a strong adhesive is a must.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Angie Monday, December 28, 2009  

This is such a cool gift. I love that your hubby loves the handmade stuff from you! I never really thought about making my husband a gift like this, besides a card that is... And about your candy, wow! Congrats on that many comments. Oh, and what about adding a favorite makeup product? I would love to try a new product! One of those concealing sticks that you used in one of your videos! I just bought some new blue eye makeup to play with... ok, enough rambling. Great Candle!

Tina Monday, December 28, 2009  

This is so stinkin cute. Candles are always so well received and used gifts. Super!

Shaela Monday, December 28, 2009  

what a beautiful gift! :) can't wait to see what you've got for Lauren coming...

Danni Monday, December 28, 2009  

Glad that your kiddo is feeling better!!
Great candle..so nice!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, December 29, 2009  

this is too cute Katie.

Meli Palmer Wednesday, December 30, 2009  

How nice that your husband truly appreciates your hobby/job! This is an adorable gift...I'm glad he liked it. I hope Jack is feeling back to his normal self by now.

computer mouse Thursday, December 31, 2009  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynn Put Friday, January 01, 2010  

Excellent altered candle Katie!!!
What a great gift for your husband. Your coloring rocks!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP