So much to do!

>> Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I have so so much to say and do these beginning days of the month! I have a feeling thats not going to stop anytime this month! ACK! But with all of the new things to say and do in december, it fell of course on monday (which i do makeup monday). I had every intention to post one of the other things i did over the weekend yesterday, but we'll just leave it at i didnt get around to it!

So - my announcements to start are...

I'm on the EtsyInspired Challenge Design Team for the month of December! I'm super excited about that! In fact... keep reading and you'll see my challenge card for this week. I dont think it's technically part of my "term" since the challenge was issued in the end of november but i wanted to post it anyhow!

New Cause of the month! I still have a few cards trickling in from those who wanted to help. So i want to give them a chance to get here. Then i'll do my drawing for the free shipping prie donated by the wonderful Angela from Unity Stamp Co. I'll also announce the new Cause of the Month then.\

And now for a card....
Our etsy Shop to give us inspiration this week is Morgan Street. One look at this shop and i fell in love! I adore homemade soaps and beauty products. I actually wanted to develop my own line of these products when i lived in LA. I bought all the supplies... spent bookoo money on it all, and then get pregnant. Woops. Haha. It fell by the wayside, but i still love to create homemade soaps, lotions, etc. However, i havent learned the cold process method yet for soap. I usually satisfy my craving for this with the melt and pour. haha. You just HAVE to check out this shop! Many of her soaps are made to look like dessert dishes. How fun is that!
I took these 2 photos from her site to use as inspiration...

to create this...


First - who does like to get a little pedi! And thinking of a pedi made me think of bubblebella with her foot up in the air! SO i chose bubblebella as my main image and then decided my colors of the card would match the photo - green and brown!
But i couldnt stop just there. I couldnt get the idea of all that chocolate out of my head! So i masked out bubblebella's scrub brush and stamped this yummy looking cupcake from chocoholic (sweet n sassy stamps). I decided to just swipe some white acrylic paint in the corner to stamp over. The ink didnt take to the paint the same way i'd like, but that's ok. It still looks kinda cool. The sentiment is also from the same chocoholic set by sweet n sassy stamps.
The other deets...

Patterned Paper: Close To My Heart
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, copics
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Ashley Newell Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

Katie! This card is SO darn cute! I love the Bella holding chocolate! Yum! That's totally me in the tub! :) Thanks for playing along, too bad you can't win. :(

Christi Flores Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

OMG how cute Katie! And congrats on the DT!!

Shaela Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

LOVE the card, how fun is that?!

Lindsay Spencer Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

Way cute card!!!! Yay! I'm so glad that your going to be creating with us this month.

Heather Tuesday, December 02, 2008  

What a CUTE card!! Love it!! The colors are great!!

Post a Comment

Thank you SO very much for taking the time in your busy schedule to leave a comment! It just makes my day!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Top Blog Sites

Blog Archive

Listen to makeupartistkaties playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP